nn3 with rd4 rotator and a 5D with nn3?

Thread: nn3 with rd4 rotator and a 5D with nn3?

Share/Bookmark
  1. nn3 with rd4 rotator and a 5D with nn3?

i have an r1 with the rd4 rotator if i got a nn3 could i use that rotator with it? is it easy enough to swap the rotator? also can you use a 5d with and or with out the battery grip on the nn3? or would a nn5 be better for a 5d and the r4d rotator?

Thanks

Hi Superpants,
    Can't use rd4 on NN3 - only RD8 and RD16.
    5D is better suited for NN5 series due to size and weight.

thx
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Hi Superpants,
    Can't use rd4 on NN3 - only RD8 and RD16.
    5D is better suited for NN5 series due to size and weight.

thx
    Bill
    Well, one can mount an RD4 to NN3/5 or the Ultimate M1 without problem. It just does not look as good.

NIck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

I think the RD4 is a great light weight for the NN3. Should be no problem adding it. Just get the extra M6-3/8 screw.
    I believe the diameter is just a little to large but you can jut use a detent ring as a spacer. I do not like antitwist. Its not needed as you always shoot clockwise and I need to be able to dismount it easy without any tools and ad the head on top of a pole when I need it.
    I have used the Manfrotto 300 that way for the last 4-5 years but the RD4 is just 225 gr and will give me smaller nadir.

I have used my 5D on it the last 3 years together with both Nikkor 10.5, Tokina 10-17 and Canon 15mm. I prefer it from lensrings for several reasons and with the RD4 it will be just 560 gr which I believe is not much different from an R1 set.
    And it gives me all the options which R1 does not give me.

Hans