Switching NN3 from rotator to pole
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Switching NN3 from rotator to pole

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

Judy,

I would expect that the black plate is not glued to the top of the rotator. I ordered the set to change NN3 MKII rotator to RD8 / RD16 to test this for forum questions. The plate has a very tight fit to the rotator once it is placed. So I had to remove it with a thin knife being placed in the middle of the black plate and softly bended up on the side of the pins. Then it came loose again.

I just tested it as Nick recommended, even with the long screw the pole can be fixed with the plate on top of the pole.

Heinz

BTW: when you order the QR Mini System, this will add a longer screw than the normal screws which are used to connect the lower rails to the RD 8/16 rotators.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-03-2011 at 11:28 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Nick and Bill,

cause of Judy's question I just stripped my NN3 MKII to add the QM Mini Adapter System to the lower rail to get rid of the rotator to fix it to top of pole without rotator. My mistake was Judy was asking to change from a NN3 RD8 rotator system. I did not think about the anti twist plate. I was able to fix the clamp leaving the golden center screw on NN3 MKII in place and fix it tight without the black anti twist plate. Of course it is available when I ordered a NN3 RD8/RD16 Rotator. May be it would be a helpful addition to the normal Quick Mount Mini System, or a special order for changing from NN3 MKII standard rotator to add Mini Adapter System without rotator on top on pole? Otherwise the customers will miss the black anti twist plate?

Kind regards,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-03-2011 at 12:05 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Judy,

I would expect that the black plate is not glued to the top of the rotator. I ordered the set to change NN3 MKII rotator to RD8 / RD16 to test this for forum questions. The plate has a very tight fit to the rotator once it is placed. So I had to remove it with a thin knife being placed in the middle of the black plate and softly bended up on the side of the pins. Then it came loose again.
    Aha! The plate was not glued. I was able to pry it loose with a thin knife as you suggested.

Thanks very much for your help.

Judy
    Users Country Flag

Pleasure Judy,

Cause I and I feel a lot of other forum members are eager to participate in your future work: Extend the camera position to better overview inside the view of a waterfall for example . Et al. Walking miles trying to use "basic low cost light weight equipment" to offer extraordinary views of your home country. I like the way you shoot your Panos. I have learned a lot from your work to open up my eyes for "THE MOMENT". To search for it. Be ready for it.

Thx a lot for sharing your work.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-03-2011 at 01:55 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Heinz, thanks for the very kind words.

Well, Iíve placed my order. I hope Bill is around to send me my stuff, because now that Iíve finally made up my mind what to buy, I donít want to wait one minute longer than necessary to try it out. :)

Judy Arndt
    Users Country Flag

This is a very informative discussion. I am also a proud owner of a NN3 MkII and thinking on switching to pole panography to change perspective and vantage point. Before I saw this thread I was thinking of buying the R1/R10 pano head. I ddn't know that the NN3 MkII can still be used for pole. Now I know. :-) Problem is, the reseller locally (Philippines) only have the NN3 MkII in its NN product line. Buying it through the NN store is really costly. :-( Probably I can do that sometime in the future when my sister in law pay a visit sometime in October. I just hope the freebies last that long.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ruel941 View Post
    This is a very informative discussion. I am also a proud owner of a NN3 MkII and thinking on switching to pole panography to change perspective and vantage point. Before I saw this thread I was thinking of buying the R1/R10 pano head. I ddn't know that the NN3 MkII can still be used for pole. Now I know. :-) Problem is, the reseller locally (Philippines) only have the NN3 MkII in its NN product line. Buying it through the NN store is really costly. :-( Probably I can do that sometime in the future when my sister in law pay a visit sometime in October. I just hope the freebies last that long.
    if you are not in urgent need of the item, you can ask the local reseller to order the model for you. It should be available to you in 15 days. Some local markets are limited in size, resellers are unwilling to stock less popular items.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

thanks nick. i'll try to talk to frank if he can do that for me.