Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Share/Bookmark

Help
    Does any one know were can i find the schematics to put together the M1-L ?
    The quality is incredible the rotor clicks on the spot and the M1 L is supreme.
    Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ElPadrino View Post
    Help
    Does any one know were can i find the schematics to put together the M1-L ?
    The quality is incredible the rotor clicks on the spot and the M1 L is supreme.
    http://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/M1...lation_QRG.pdf

Or, for anyone reading this who is also attending Palmela 2011 - you might want to read up on this before tomorrow....

Badders

Hello Nick
    I love the head but in my case i use Canon EF 24-105 F4 and when i try to take the zenith the QRC 40A knob hits the lower rail, it will be the right length if i could be able to rotate the QRC-40A knob to the opposite side. that give me 25mm more and that is all i need in my case.
    I am waiting to the QRC-40B i hope this will let me put the know to the side and flip the QRC-40A to the opposite side, do you have a photo of that piece to know what is coming?
    What is inside the knob? do you think i could open it from the top and remove it and put a nut ?
    Thank you
    Users Country Flag

Hello Nick
    I love the head but in my case i use Canon EF 24-105 F4 and when i try to take the zenith the QRC 40A knob hits the lower rail, it will be the right length if i could be able to rotate the QRC-40A knob to the opposite side. that give me 25mm more and that is all i need in my case.
    I am waiting to the QRC-40B i hope this will let me put the know to the side and flip the QRC-40A to the opposite side, do you have a photo of that piece to know what is coming?
    What is inside the knob? do you think i could open it from the top and remove it and put a nut ?
    Thank you
    Nadir Adapter and QRC-40B for M1 will be shipping soon. this will solve your problem. just wait for awhile.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
    For this center aliment I'm just using the allen head screw that you can see through the lower rail slot.
    http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/head1.jpg

Here's a picture of my setup with a 15mm lens, I still need to set up the other aliment and slide my camera back a little.
    http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/head2.jpg

I have the extra rotator on lower rail for a little more height and it makes for a nice nadir adapter.
    http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/head3.jpg

I love all of the things that you can do with this new pano head!!!

Roger Berry
    Hello Roger Were can i buy a rotator like the one you use to have more height?
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Nadir Adapter and QRC-40B for M1 will be shipping soon. this will solve your problem. just wait for awhile.

Nick
    Thank you Nick
    I appreciate your help.
    I was thinking that to do a complete modular head, you should do in stead of your vertical rail a vertical clamp that can hold any rail. and discard the vertical rail that have the clamp atached, this can be screw as will be the most important support. Like this we could buy a head to our length needs, but all the other parts screw the same in any rail. This will be the ultimate head as people will buy only more rails if they want 30cm or 10 cm.

Do this before some one else does.
    Users Country Flag

Thank you Nick
    I appreciate your help.
    I was thinking that to do a complete modular head, you should do in stead of your vertical rail a vertical clamp that can hold any rail. and discard the vertical rail that have the clamp atached, this can be screw as will be the most important support. Like this we could buy a head to our length needs, but all the other parts screw the same in any rail. This will be the ultimate head as people will buy only more rails if they want 30cm or 10 cm.

Do this before some one else does.
    I am not sure I understand your words correctly. you mean I should make rails so that they can be used vertically or horizontally? Surely we can do that. But what is the advantage apart of the "truely modular" idea? The is not a saving in cost, size or weight. You will better understand my choice of design when the M2 is out. :-)

Nick

Fanotec

I have the extra rotator on lower rail for a little more height and it makes for a nice nadir adapter.
    http://www.indiavrtours.com/pic/head3.jpg
    Hi. Great idea! Is the extra rotator FANOTEC make? Is it at least 3cm thick, so I could shoot zenith with nikon 14-24mm?
    Thank you.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by deedee7 View Post
    Hi. Great idea! Is the extra rotator FANOTEC make? Is it at least 3cm thick, so I could shoot zenith with nikon 14-24mm?
    Thank you.

this is the nadir adapter. compact, light weight and rock solid.

Nick

Fanotec

OK, Nick - looks good. You think you can get it out by the end of summer?
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

I recognize everybody is eager to have a look at the M1 Nadir Adapter.

A tiny nice little block, rock solid, easy to use. It raises the vertical rail by 35mm and gives enough space for zenith shots.

And at this moment a great thx to all of the Nodal Ninja Guys and Nick himself to go on and on to develop the Fanotec lines and get the hardware to your customers.

I used the big boys: D3, Nikkor 14-24 @zoom 14 with an URS=upper rail set 143, D3 with curved camera plate with an LRS = lower rail set of 25.

Be aware the I use a very early Pre Production M1-Model, so the numbers on the rail are changed in the newer versions!!

To help Nick to get pictures, I took some pictures in between this afternoon.

Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter_Prototype.JPG
Views:	146
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	201Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter_mounted_to_Lower_Rail.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	207Click image for larger version

Name:	M1-NadirAdapterPrototype with assembled Vertical Rail.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	200Click image for larger version

Name:	M1-NadirAdapter Vertical Rail turned a little bit around.jpg
Views:	159
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	202Click image for larger version

Name:	D3_14-24@zoom14_M1+NadirAdapter in Zenith Position .jpg
Views:	164
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	206Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Zenith Position.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	205Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Nadir1 Position.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	203Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Nadir2 Position.JPG
Views:	174
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	204 ©2011 hindenhaag

Hope this helps a little bit, I would not order an M1 without the M1 Nadir Adapter.

I feel this is a good solution to get enough vertical hight for Zenith shots by using a shorter vertical rail on top of the Nadir Adapter. A longer vertical rail for Zenith Shots to be used on top of the Nadir Adapter would add a lot more torque to the system. I feel this is a very good solution of Nicks design.

Nick, you should be aware to have the same number of M1 as of M1-NadirAdapters in stock.

Cheers and till soon,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 06-23-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by deedee7 View Post
    OK, Nick - looks good. You think you can get it out by the end of summer?
    To be released in July.

Nick

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Some Info about the use of the Nadir Adapter:

Principally the same for NN3, NN4, NN5, M1. You have to measure PD = Pivot Distance. This is the distance between Rotation Center of the Rotator RD8, RD16, NN3 MKII and the Pivot Point of the Nadir Adapter which is placed in LRS = Lower Rail Setting. "The Point where the Adapter is turned around".
    You shoot Nadir1 in closed position of the Nadir Adapter. When you open up the Nadir Adapter, the Lens Axis has been moved by DPD = Double Pivot Distance. To take Nadir2, you have to bring back the Lens Axis into the position of Nadir1. Consequence: you have to move the tripod sideways in direction of the third leg by minimum DPD to shoot Nadir2.

Safe workflow: shoot Nadir1, move Tripod by DPD, now open Nadir Adapter for Nadir2, shoot, close Nadir Adapter to bring back the camera in "safe" position. If moving tripod by DPD does not create enough free space between tip of third leg of Nadir1 and corner of Nadir Adapter in Nadir2, you have to move further on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Nadir1 Position.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	208Click image for larger version

Name:	M1_NadirAdapter in Nadir2 Position.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	325.3 KB
ID:	209Click image for larger version

Name:	NNadaptor1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	210 ©2011 hindenhaag

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 06-23-2011 at 11:14 PM.

Thank you Nick and Heinz. Looks like the nadir adapter solves the 14-24 problem :) I wonder if it also solves the problem for 24-70 ?
    Users Country Flag

DeeDee,

What camera body do you use? Since the 210mm rail is on the way since yesterday from my favorite reseller Vincen / SkiVR FR close to NL, I will test it specially for you when it arrives and I will take Pics from the setup for you. Why?

"You have specially been chosen from the database and you are lucky to be the person to receive the response with number 1000. Response will be for free to make you happy with Nodal Ninja Products"

Hey, just a joke, but I like to say that I am quiet happy to take my private time to try to help NN Friends on the road to use great quality products at state of art as quick as possible.

I myself am a type of "buy, plug and shoot type". Conclusion, the forum tries to get you on the road as quick as possible.

" You'll get a definite response for free cause you are response number 1000 "

Thx to everybody of Nodal Ninja, specially Bill, and of course to Fanotec, it is Nick as" the one and only" who listens and designs new hardware, as well as our European Distributors Andrew, Mauro and last but not least Vincen for helping the customers far beyond normal support.

Kind regards.
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 06-30-2011 at 08:52 AM.
+ Reply to Thread