Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

Hi Nick,

I suppose this would be the best solution for 24-70. 14-24 is the more favorite one. But in case you need to shot at 40mm, 24-70 is the lens for FX bodies.

Heinz
  2. Manfrotto 300N

Hi.
    I have a Manfrotto 300N rotator.
    So, I want to buy a No Rotator Set.
    But , "300N" have 3/8 Male Screw.
    Can fit to clamp? or need some adapter?

Please show me Bottom Face of the clamp.
    and Some Advice Please ,thanks from Ninja Country.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wakazo View Post
    Hi.
    I have a Manfrotto 300N rotator.
    So, I want to buy a No Rotator Set.
    But , "300N" have 3/8 Male Screw.
    Can fit to clamp? or need some adapter?

Please show me Bottom Face of the clamp.
    and Some Advice Please ,thanks from Ninja Country.
    The clamp has 3/8" socket at the center. It will work for your 300N.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Hi and welcome to the forum.

RD8 RD16 rotators have a 6mm socket on top. So to connect NN5 lower rail to the rotator, you use a 6mm screw. These rotators are compatible with the modular system. So I suppose the modular lower rail clamp is fixed with a 6mm screw.

You need a 3/8" socket. I suppose you need a self made adapter. But it is to early to give definite advice from forum side to try to add other branches rotators to NN Modular System. There is no place in N300 to add NN anti rotations screws as well. I just checked this for you.

Heinz

Ok, thx Nick. You answered in between. Good to know.

BTW: shoot your panos turning to the right as we normally do. Otherwise you might loosen your clamp from the rotator without anti rotation screws.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-07-2011 at 05:43 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Here is our Nadir Adapter for the Modular System. It is actually a rotator with full bearing loaded. It added 35mm to the vertical head room, making zenith/ nadir shot with large lens such as Nikon 14-24mm F2.8 a breeze.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	nadir-adapter-1.jpg
Views:	477
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	166

Name:	nadir-adapter-2.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	167
    upper rotator can be installed at either side vertical rail, for max horizontal adjustment or nadir clearance.

Name:	nadir-adapter-3.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	120.0 KB
ID:	168

Here is a set-up for dual camera stereo giga-pixel panoramas. I will make longer rails so that lenses/cameras can be facing each other (close together). This will then work for indoor stereo panoramas as well.

Name:	Dual-Camera-Stereo.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	165

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 03-11-2011 at 09:14 AM.

Fanotec

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Here is a set-up for dual camera stereo giga-pixel panoramas. I will make longer rails so that lenses/cameras can be facing each other (close together). This will then work for indoor stereo panoramas as well.
    Seems you would get to much parallax in each image with dual camera setup defeating purpose of pano head. For stereo panos I believe all you need to do is move rig to the side 6-12 inches and shoot second pano. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Seems you would get to much parallax in each image with dual camera setup defeating purpose of pano head. For stereo panos I believe all you need to do is move rig to the side 6-12 inches and shoot second pano. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).
    Bill
    parallax is vital for stereo effect. the farther the scene, the larger separation of cameras needed. To reduce stitching errors, more images can be used to reduce parallax in adjacent images. Dual camera (synchronized) is needed for images with moving parts. It also cuts time of images taking by help, important for giga-pixel panos in changing light.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 03-11-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Fanotec

hi NICK,

u said
    Larger model is supposed to support larger cameras and lenses. Its rails must be stronger (and thus heavier) as well. The smaller unit is slighter larger and stronger than NN3II. It is recommended for DSLRS without battery grip and most wide angle lenses. The larger Unit is larger and stronger than NN5 and will support most cameras and lenses.

actually, originally, I would like to buy a NN5+RD16, it costs $449.95, but I found that is discontinued and the New pro one is M1L+RD16, waa!! it cost $760,much much more and it is not Inexpensive now, which is $310 expensiver than the previous model!!

and I think it's very difficult for me to get the information how valuable is the New model, no catalogue, no video, no table of Spec. .. what are improved?? I dont sure, I just can get ONE point only from reading 5 pages of discussion in the forum : M1 is stronger than NN5. But how strong is it? I dont know, why/how can it stronger than the previous model? What design is changed? I dont know. I know when there is no M1 serious, your webpage said NN5 can handle medium and large format BIGbig camers, that's enough for me already, M1 really over my budget, however, if it is really valuable, I 'll buy it.

you said M1S stronger than NN3, M1L stronger than NN5, how about M1S compare with NN5 ??
    M1S+RD16=460+~200=~660, again, 660>>449.95 very much, to create a QTVR, NN5 is enough, I really dont know what are the "dreams come true" in M series, please kindly let me know.

moreover, I would like to know, there is a camera plate design in M series , is there any need for camera plate at NN5 series? it seems not, right? I dont sure, the advantages for using camera plate is for QUICK RELEASE?? so, can camera quick release from NN5 ?

Is there any picture for the M1's camera plate? I would like to take a look at the general one and the D1/2/3 one, see what's differences between them.

another question, I really cannot found any retailer at HongKong which sell Nodal Ninja, can you tell me? Or, is it possible that we meet each other and I give cash money to you?

THANKS a lot,
    if it is possible, I hope you can give me a phone call and talk in Cantonese.

MRHUI
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zerohui0_0 View Post
    actually, originally, I would like to buy a NN5+RD16, it costs $449.95, but I found that is discontinued and the New pro one is M1L+RD16, waa!! it cost $760,much much more and it is not Inexpensive now, which is $310 expensiver than the previous model!!
    We are releasing a new affordable model soon, which will support lens up to 100mm eq. focal length. It is built on top of the success of NN5 and the new M1 upper rotator design. Wait for announcement coming soon.

and I think it's very difficult for me to get the information how valuable is the New model, no catalogue, no video, no table of Spec. .. what are improved?? I dont sure, I just can get ONE point only from reading 5 pages of discussion in the forum : M1 is stronger than NN5. But how strong is it? I dont know, why/how can it stronger than the previous model? What design is changed? I dont know. I know when there is no M1 serious, your webpage said NN5 can handle medium and large format BIGbig camers, that's enough for me already, M1 really over my budget, however, if it is really valuable, I 'll buy it.
    M1 is completely CNC machined from premium quality Aluminum alloy and anodized. It has more durable and attractive finishing. It is Arca Swiss compatible. It is multi-functional. The rails can serves as nodal slide for panos, macro slide for macros, lens plate to support lens with lens ring. It is stronger. I need to do more test to give an exact rating. it is modular in design. Components will work for future upgrades. It has precise 7.5 deg stops at the upper rotator, supporting up to 200mm eq. focal length.

you said M1S stronger than NN3, M1L stronger than NN5, how about M1S compare with NN5 ??
    M1S will supports up to 1.5kg without battery grip.

M1S+RD16=460+~200=~660, again, 660>>449.95 very much, to create a QTVR, NN5 is enough, I really dont know what are the "dreams come true" in M series, please kindly let me know.
    We are releasing the first batch as pre-production units with 25% discounts on components other than the RD8/16. Depending on the pre-order status, you may still get a pre-production unit at great price.

moreover, I would like to know, there is a camera plate design in M series , is there any need for camera plate at NN5 series? it seems not, right? I dont sure, the advantages for using camera plate is for QUICK RELEASE?? so, can camera quick release from NN5 ?

Is there any picture for the M1's camera plate? I would like to take a look at the general one and the D1/2/3 one, see what's differences between them.
    A D1/2/3 series (or cameras with battery grip) camera plate will be similar to this one
    http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/atta...6&d=1299862917
    We are developing camera specific plates and will offer free swap for the universal plate when available.

another question, I really cannot found any retailer at HongKong which sell Nodal Ninja, can you tell me? Or, is it possible that we meet each other and I give cash money to you?

THANKS a lot,
    if it is possible, I hope you can give me a phone call and talk in Cantonese.

MRHUI
    lets chat in PM.

nick

Fanotec

hi NICK,

thanks for ur reply.

I found that "There are no products in this category" in Estore page of Ultimate M Series, is it out of stock now? seems M1series are very attractive!

for the D1/2/3 series (or cameras with battery grip) camera plate u show in that link, is it same as the one in your Estore Camera Mounting Plate CP2 ??
    http://store.nodalninja.com/products...Plate-CP2.html
    Or the one you show is newly invented? I think we better wait for the developing on camera specific plates

Another point about the plate I want to ask, I see the surface between the plate and camera is in brown, I think it is made with "Water Insect" or "Taxus", I dont sure the exact name in english. I think the brown one is not firmed comparing with the black soft plastic, usually I found that picture show for the Head in Manfrotto is brown but the real product we buy from the shops are the black surface, especially exist in the old-designed head, they just update the product but not the picture of product. I would like to ensure that because I found that the products show in Youtube is made by the brown material. Please let me know.

>>> M1S will supports up to 1.5kg without battery grip.
    that means M1S is weaker than NN5, but M1s cost Much higher than NN5 .. not so good.

I am consider waiting for the new affordable head or buy the NN5 factory irregulars (cosmetic).
    Can you give me an advice? NN5 factory irregulars (cosmetic) is really affordable with DISCOUNT !! But one point is, I dont really get the meaning for "factory irregulars & cosmetic" I know the meaning of these word individually, but I dont know what's the meaning applied to the camera head.
    Is it = Used? or it is new but it has been putted on the display in the shops and tried by customers? or it has some quality problems when it produced in the factory??

Moreover, where can I find Nodal Ninja product in HK?

Thanks again.

MRHUI

hi Nick,

again, it's me, sorry for so many QUESTIONs, because I cannot get the info. I want from the website and I have to ask from you.

Cool, I just know there is a NN 4 !! i have some que about it, may I ask from you?

How is the support of NN4 ? M1s support small/without grip camera, M1s support large/with grip cameras, NN5 support large cameras, how about NN4 ? the number 4 is smaller than 5, it seems weaker than 5, but NN4 has 5' and M1series have 7.5' adjustment at upper rotater, NN4 seems higher class than M1 series, although I know M1series support 200mm but NN4 support 100mm only, in here, I think it's a little contradiction.

why M1series do not have the 5' upper rotator?

I would like to ask, do NN4 provide the camera plate at the same time? it didnt mention in the website, I found several items are included but not the plate,so I wonder it.

Website said it Included:
    10 degree /12 degree reversible detent ring
    Rotator Lock Knob
    Detent Plunger Knob
    NN5 Mounting Knob (with logo)
    3/8-1/4 threaded screw adapter

The picture show in the NN4, is the plate CP2 ?

one more, does NN4 fit the nadir adapter which support NN3 & NN5?

NN4 seems a new system, but I dont know why it still uses the name NN but not Ultimate.

finally, is there any new Qtvr head will announce soon ?

Thanks

mrhui
    Users Country Flag

hi Nick,

again, it's me, sorry for so many QUESTIONs, because I cannot get the info. I want from the website and I have to ask from you.

Cool, I just know there is a NN 4 !! i have some que about it, may I ask from you?

How is the support of NN4 ? M1s support small/without grip camera, M1s support large/with grip cameras, NN5 support large cameras, how about NN4 ? the number 4 is smaller than 5, it seems weaker than 5, but NN4 has 5' and M1series have 7.5' adjustment at upper rotater, NN4 seems higher class than M1 series, although I know M1series support 200mm but NN4 support 100mm only, in here, I think it's a little contradiction.

why M1series do not have the 5' upper rotator?

I would like to ask, do NN4 provide the camera plate at the same time? it didnt mention in the website, I found several items are included but not the plate,so I wonder it.

Website said it Included:
    10 degree /12 degree reversible detent ring
    Rotator Lock Knob
    Detent Plunger Knob
    NN5 Mounting Knob (with logo)
    3/8-1/4 threaded screw adapter

The picture show in the NN4, is the plate CP2 ?

one more, does NN4 fit the nadir adapter which support NN3 & NN5?

NN4 seems a new system, but I dont know why it still uses the name NN but not Ultimate.

finally, is there any new Qtvr head will announce soon ?

Thanks

mrhui
    Nodal Ninja is our affordable line. Their rails are made by die casting with relatively "high" volume of production. They are painted.
    Nodal Ninja Ultimate is our luxury line. All componets are CNC machined one by one from premium quality aluminum alloy and anodized. they have higher precision, higher quality of standard and longer durability.

NN4 will be our new flashship in the affordable line. It is based on NN5 with new upper rotator design from Ultimate M1. It has the same load rating as NN5. In fact the rails are almost the same as NN5. Just that the upper rail and vertical rail is shortened by 10 and 15mm respectively. experience tells me that this the right size for most lenses up to 100mm. So NN4 is slightly more compact and lighter than NN5. And it will only work for lens up to 100mm eq fl (NN5 works for longer fl when the positive stop is disengaged). That is why its is NN4 and not NN6. :-)
    if 100mm eq fl limit is ok with you, NN4 is the right choice. all NN5 accessories work for NN4.

Nick

PM me if you want to buy directly from me. We don't have reseller in HK.
    Last edited by nick fan; 03-26-2011 at 09:16 AM.

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

I found that "There are no products in this category" in Estore page of Ultimate M Series, is it out of stock now? seems M1series are very attractive!
    we decide to sell the first batch as pre-production units with great discount. they will be relisted with new prices.

for the D1/2/3 series (or cameras with battery grip) camera plate u show in that link, is it same as the one in your Estore Camera Mounting Plate CP2 ??
    http://store.nodalninja.com/products...Plate-CP2.html
    Or the one you show is newly invented? I think we better wait for the developing on camera specific plates
    No. It is new plate made to match the contour of most Canon battery grips. More dedicated plates will be developped soon. We will offer free swap for the dedicated plates when they are available.

Another point about the plate I want to ask, I see the surface between the plate and camera is in brown, I think it is made with "Water Insect" or "Taxus", I dont sure the exact name in english. I think the brown one is not firmed comparing with the black soft plastic, usually I found that picture show for the Head in Manfrotto is brown but the real product we buy from the shops are the black surface, especially exist in the old-designed head, they just update the product but not the picture of product. I would like to ensure that because I found that the products show in Youtube is made by the brown material. Please let me know.
    the brown material is "rubberized cork sheet" used as gasket material. It has good grip and retain it shape well. It is less sticky than rubber. Its cost is many times of high quality rubber sheet.
    I am consider waiting for the new affordable head or buy the NN5 factory irregulars (cosmetic).
    Can you give me an advice? NN5 factory irregulars (cosmetic) is really affordable with DISCOUNT !! But one point is, I dont really get the meaning for "factory irregulars & cosmetic" I know the meaning of these word individually, but I dont know what's the meaning applied to the camera head.
    Is it = Used? or it is new but it has been putted on the display in the shops and tried by customers? or it has some quality problems when it produced in the factory??
    Factory irregular are new products with full warranty.
    they may have one or more cosmetic defects including
    *dust particle in painting
    *micro pores in casting surface
    *small scratches.

Nick

Fanotec

I received this email, and I'm not clear; will the M1-L not have a rotator?

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry for the delay in shipping your order.
    Unfortunately, there have been some last minute production changes we
    are addressing.

Pre-production M1 models, without the lower rotator, are available at
    a 25% discount and have an estimated shipping date of April 12th. If
    you decide to purchase a pre-production M1 model, you are eligible to
    upgrade to the final M1 model when they are available. We will accept
    the pre-production model and send you the final M1 model for the
    difference in price (plus shipping).

Example:
    Pre-Production M1-L Model (no rotator): $419.95
    Final M1-L Model (no rotator): $575
    Upgrade to Final M1-L from Pre-Production M1-L for $155 (plus shipping)
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bbc597 View Post
    I received this email, and I'm not clear; will the M1-L not have a rotator?

Dear Customer,

We are very sorry for the delay in shipping your order.
    Unfortunately, there have been some last minute production changes we
    are addressing.

Pre-production M1 models, without the lower rotator, are available at
    a 25% discount and have an estimated shipping date of April 12th. If
    you decide to purchase a pre-production M1 model, you are eligible to
    upgrade to the final M1 model when they are available. We will accept
    the pre-production model and send you the final M1 model for the
    difference in price (plus shipping).

Example:
    Pre-Production M1-L Model (no rotator): $419.95
    Final M1-L Model (no rotator): $575
    Upgrade to Final M1-L from Pre-Production M1-L for $155 (plus shipping)
    Some of our customers have RD8/16/3L rotators already. RD8/16/3L are our regular products and do not have special discount.
    So if you have a RD8/16/3L, you just buy the M1 without lower rotator. If you don't, just add one to the shopping cart.

Nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread