Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Share/Bookmark
  1. Ulitmate M Series Pano Heads

Well the wait is finally over. Nodal Ninja Ultimate Modular System is the designer’s dream come true ever since the release of first Nodal Ninja SPH-1 seven years ago. It is based on Arca Swiss compatible system, the industry standard for high end photographic support system, together with innovative features badly needed by panoramic photographers. Precision CNC machined from premium T6061 aluminum and anodized, it has high precision, accuracy, durability and long lifetime all in one. The first model of this modular system is the M1 which has 7.5 degree precise positive stops at the upper rotator, supporting lenses from ultra wide angles to 200mm telephotos. It allows templates to be used to speed up stitching and reduce stitching errors.

This the the larger of the 2 base configurations for the Ultimate M1 series pano heads.

This the the smaller of the 2 base configurations for the Ultimate M1 series pano heads.

Here is a custom configuration showing use with a ring clamp

We are accepting pre orders now however initial quantities are very limited.
    Orders will be shppped in order they are received.
    http://store.nodalninja.com/categori...mate-M-Series/

thx
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

Is there a Nadir adapter in the works for these two pano heads?
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DennisS View Post
    Is there a Nadir adapter in the works for these two pano heads?
    yes.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    yes.
    Do we need one for larger model ? as we just need to screw vertical rail in opposite on horizontal rail and you can shoot nadir, right ?

Vincèn

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    Do we need one for larger model ? as we just need to screw vertical rail in opposite on horizontal rail and you can shoot nadir, right ?

Vincèn
    speed and convenience. Otherwise a pano head is not even needed. ;-)

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 02-10-2011 at 01:56 AM.

Fanotec

The new design looks very solid and it will be excellent if it can manage template stitching without control points. One minor downside of the lower rail mounting is that it might not be possible to quickly adjust the lower rail position by aligning the viewfinder centre focus point with the centre of the rotator. Is that the case? Are there any figures available for the weights of M1 configurations?

John
    Users Country Flag

Looks a bit like the bubble leveller is in the centre when the lower rail is set up to 2,5cm.

But there might be marks on top of the clamp to use it to focus to the rotation center?

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    The new design looks very solid and it will be excellent if it can manage template stitching without control points.
    we will never advertise/ guarantee this feature. But in your hand, I am sure it can.

One minor downside of the lower rail mounting is that it might not be possible to quickly adjust the lower rail position by aligning the viewfinder centre focus point with the centre of the rotator. Is that the case? Are there any figures available for the weights of M1 configurations?

John
    I think the marking on the clamp can be used as a reference. In fact using a ruler to measure the camera height and then calculated the NPP value can be an easier approach. This is possible due to much higher precision in the design and manufacturing of the Ultimate series. I will make some tools for easily determination of NPP too.
    My aim is to build a certified NPP database for as many cameras / lenses as possible. Then I will make integrated rail stops for sales. Some good excuse to buy lots of gear for myself. Using the M1 will never be as easy before. More details to follow.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 02-10-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Fanotec

Nick

I travel a lot by airline and I find myslef taking apart the arm and putting it back together and having to tweak the head all the time. If you produce the database for the various lenses along with some tools to determine the NPP this would go a long way with me.

Questions:

Is the camera plate going to be specific to the camera or lens to facilitate the camera mounting.

When will you start shipping

When can we see the NPP tools

WHen can we see the Database being published

The unit looks very good..... Congratulations...!

Thanks
    Elliot
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Elliot View Post

Questions:

Is the camera plate going to be specific to the camera or lens to facilitate the camera mounting.
    as usual, we will use a semi-univeral approach. a range of camera plates, each works for as many cameras as possible, match the shape of the cameras and provide reproducible and secured mounting.

When will you start shipping
    We will start first unit soon. Shipping date for individual order will depends on the number and sequence of pre-orders.

When can we see the NPP tools
    I guess in March/ April. The conventional methods of NPP determination works just well.

WHen can we see the Database being published
    The database will not be published. Cost to get a lens/ camera for calibration is very high. We need to keep this valuable info for ourselves. of course, we can share available data privately in email. Hey, don't expect I will have many NPP data very soon.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 02-10-2011 at 05:34 AM.

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

What is the main difference between the larger and smaller configuration, apart from the obvious size differences?

Specifically, I am interested in which configuration for which camera. I have a D3s and D7000, so would the smaller configuration be usable with the D3s, or will a new set of lower and upper arms be required to accommodate the D3s?

Obviously the main goal is the overall cost of having to support both cameras, whether to start small but add modular pieces to support the D3s later, or just go with the larger configuration from the word go, etc.

Any information or recommendation for the combination of the modular pieces with the two cameras mention above would be very much appreciated. Also, some idea of the cost for the various pieces (longer lower/upper arm, etc.) would be very useful as well. Thanks.

BTW, what camera plate comes with either of the systems? Universal or specifically matched to camera?

Regards,
    Jonathan
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by viewfinder View Post
    What is the main difference between the larger and smaller configuration, apart from the obvious size differences?
    Larger model is supposed to support larger cameras and lenses. Its rails must be stronger (and thus heavier) as well. The smaller unit is slighter larger and stronger than NN3II. It is recommended for DSLRS without battery grip and most wide angle lenses. The larger Unit is larger and stronger than NN5 and will support most cameras and lenses.

Specifically, I am interested in which configuration for which camera. I have a D3s and D7000, so would the smaller configuration be usable with the D3s, or will a new set of lower and upper arms be required to accommodate the D3s?

Obviously the main goal is the overall cost of having to support both cameras, whether to start small but add modular pieces to support the D3s later, or just go with the larger configuration from the word go, etc.

Any information or recommendation for the combination of the modular pieces with the two cameras mention above would be very much appreciated. Also, some idea of the cost for the various pieces (longer lower/upper arm, etc.) would be very useful as well. Thanks.
    Larger config for your cameras obviously. There are not many cameras bigger or heavier than them ;-)
    More info will be released soon.

BTW, what camera plate comes with either of the systems? Universal or specifically matched to camera?
    we have one that matches D3 well. More camera specific plates to develop soon. We have a universal one for those cameras lacking a specific plate.

Nick
    Last edited by nick fan; 02-11-2011 at 07:25 PM.

Fanotec
    Users Country Flag

Thanks Nick for the info.

Larger config for your cameras obviously. There are not many cameras bigger or heavier than them ;-)
    More info will be released soon.
    So if I went for the smaller config, is it possible to upgrade to the larger config at a later stage? I assume I need to replace both arms?

we have one that matches D3 well. More camera specific plates to develop soon. We have a universal one for those cameras lacking a specific plate.

Nick
    The pre-order page mentioned a bonus camera plate, do we get a choice as to which? I am erring towards the D7000 initially.

Regards,
    Jonathan
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by viewfinder View Post
    Thanks Nick for the info.

So if I went for the smaller config, is it possible to upgrade to the larger config at a later stage? I assume I need to replace both arms?
    there are 3 rails: lower, vertical and upper rails. The lower and vertical must be from larger unit to support D3. If you are not urgently need a M1, please wait for us to make custom configuration available. The initial availabily is very limited after all.

The pre-order page mentioned a bonus camera plate, do we get a choice as to which? I am erring towards the D7000 initially.
    It depends on what is available. I only have 2 at the moment. One for Canon DSLRs with battery grip and Nikon D1/2/3. the other is a universal one. I will offer special discount for upgrading to a camera specific plate when available.

NIck

Fanotec

there are 3 rails: lower, vertical and upper rails. The lower and vertical must be from larger unit to support D3. If you are not urgently need a M1, please wait for us to make custom configuration available.
    I have the NN5 with RD 16. Does it mean I can buy the M1 Rails only ?

John
+ Reply to Thread