NN5 + 5D2 + 15mm settings

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN5 + 5D2 + 15mm settings

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5 + 5D2 + 15mm settings

Hello,

I've been referring to the 5D + 15mm settings for the NN5, but I've come to realize that the 2 cameras are slightly different, does anybody have the exact settings for the 5D2 and the 15mm on a NN5?

Thanks
    Vito
    Users Country Flag

I am using a 5D Mark II + Sigma 15mm FE with the 5D settings for all my pano shoots. So far all of them have been perfectly aligned. Sorry if this isn't of much help. Cheers!
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

as often mentioned: besides looking up the NN camera setting database, you could use this link :http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database

URS for 15mm Canon 5DMKII is L1 + L2 = 83.5

LRS Canon 5DMKII is 43,5 + offset of NN5 which depends on your equipment. Offset = difference of CP to reference point on vertical rail foot longer side.

Use the several links often placed to the forum about "how to find your settings yourself"

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by vitodivita View Post
    Hello,

I've been referring to the 5D + 15mm settings for the NN5, but I've come to realize that the 2 cameras are slightly different, does anybody have the exact settings for the 5D2 and the 15mm on a NN5?

Thanks
    Vito
    The 5D and the 5D Mark II are identical but you can still experience some differences regarding the lower rail because the bottom plate may not be plane.
    My 5D MarkII needed a peace of duct tape at the bottom to adjust for this. Before I discovered this I also believed that it was different from my 5D.

Unless your NN5 is very old the bottom rail setting should be 55-56mm and the top rail 81mm.

As for stitching there is a small difference (0.3 degrees) in the optimized FOV because the MarkII has a slightly larger sensor.

Hans
+ Reply to Thread