NN3 or R1?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 or R1?

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN3 or R1?

Users Country Flag

Ok.... New to this forum and the world of panos! I am about to invest in a pano head and just cannot sort out which pano head is best for me. I'm sure this has been covered, but couldn't find anything. Point me out if this has been discussed.

Equipment:
    Canon XSi (cropped sensor)
    Sigma 8mm 3.5 circular

I will be taking a variety or panos to include interior and exterior. I've seen that the R1 is great for outdoors but maybe not so great for indoor shots unless it is a flat ceiling, but easier to use than the NN3?. NN3 sounds like it might be a good all around mount but maybe a weight issue for my equipment? Ease of nidar shots? My head hurts now...

Any recommendations on tripods? Mine currently has lower supports and would create a large foot print.

Thanks in advance for all your help!
    Users Country Flag

R1 works well indoors for you lens and camera.
    So is NN3II.
    Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

I suppose I should clarify that I am looking at the NN3 with R-D3L 6-8-10 Rotator with built in EZ-Leveler-II - or - the R1 with the additional EZ leveler II.

Clearly both heads would work. It would just appear that each has it's advantages and disadvantages. Given my camera configuration described in my first post and with the possibility that I *might* try different lenses later for more detailed panos I am leaning slightly towards the NN3. But, I am leaving it in the hands of the more experienced in the forum to held lead me.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by seth243 View Post
    I *might* try different lenses later for more detailed panos I am leaning slightly towards the NN3.
    You can also choose RD3L 6-8-30, which will support highter focal length. Of course, you can skip 2 stops to get 10 shots around.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Very good point. It would allow some more options as compaired to the NN3 6-8-10.

Hope to hear some more input before I finalize my order! Thanks again!!!
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

add a nadir adapter for easy nadir shooting. On NN3 MKII reduce the LRS = Lower rail setting for 6mm because of the offset of the vertical rail.

http://www.nodalninja.com/Manuals/na...erQRG_full.pdf

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 02-01-2011 at 07:11 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Thanks for the input Heinz. I ordered the NN3 6-8-30 with nadir adapter. Looking forward to fumbling my way through figuring out how to use it!
+ Reply to Thread