Camera Mounting Plate for D7000!

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera Mounting Plate for D7000!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Camera Mounting Plate for D7000!

Hello! I have a NN3 and a T-Adapter for shooting panoramas. Now I will buy a D7000 and my question is this: I need a Camera Mounting Plate Special for D7000? What do you recommend?

Thanks!
    Users Country Flag

Hi Vedder,

And welcome to the forum. The D7000 will work with the normal CP-2 Plate. You have to take off the protecting plastic shield of the back monitor and replace it with one of those protecting glasses when they are available. Then you have to use the top plate of CP-2 with the long nose to the back of the camera body. At the moment I mounted the base plate with its short side to the lens, which serves for most fisheye lenses. Have a look: the white mark divides the base plate into 2/3 to 1/3, so one side is longer and one side is shorter. I placed the shorter side to the lens.

Sucess,
    Heinz

Thanks for your response Heinz! I looked at the page and the Camera Mounting Plate CP-2 is not the same as I have! Is another design! How do I send a picture?
    Users Country Flag

Hi Vedder,

this is the normal CP-2 Plate : http://store.nodalninja.com/products...Plate-CP2.html

May be you have the old Cp, this is one peace without the anti rotation top plate. You can use it as well. To send a picture you have to use the Go Advanced Tab, and you can upload your picture by using "add file" and upload it.

Heinz

Hi Heinz! I can use the Camera Mounting Plate CP2 with the old NN3? I ask because I want to buy it, I think it's better than the previous!

Vedder
    Users Country Flag

Hi Vedder,

yes you can. Think of buying 2 of them, in case you use lenses which have to go to the far ends of the upper rail. So you do not have to change the CP-2 top plate position to the base plate. Gives you 90° fixed position once fixed exactly.

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread