1 lens/head for these 3 cameras?

Thread: 1 lens/head for these 3 cameras?

Share/Bookmark
  1. 1 lens/head for these 3 cameras?

If i have a canon mount samyang 8mm lens (shaved) and i set it up on the nodal ninja r1 panohead, is the following possible?

Can i take this lens/head combination and just attach it with no tweaking to a canon 350D, 5D and 5D mark ii? Or does the lens/head need to be adjusted for each camera?

I own the 350D but can occasionally use the 5D and 5D mark ii through work, that's why i was hoping to be able to use this setup on all 3 cameras.

Thanks

See my reply on Panoguide. I think you will need different settings for all cameras. Same setting can be used if sensor distance to rear optic is IDENTICAL between camera bodies.

UPDATE! See me cut myself a big slice of humble pie on Panoguide as I realise I was totally 180 degs out with my reply! There is no need to change the setting at all for all the cameras.
    Last edited by badders; 01-20-2011 at 02:11 AM. Reason: Typed answer before engaging brain...

Badders
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by superpants View Post
    If i have a canon mount samyang 8mm lens (shaved) and i set it up on the nodal ninja r1 panohead, is the following possible?

Can i take this lens/head combination and just attach it with no tweaking to a canon 350D, 5D and 5D mark ii? Or does the lens/head need to be adjusted for each camera?

I own the 350D but can occasionally use the 5D and 5D mark ii through work, that's why i was hoping to be able to use this setup on all 3 cameras.

Thanks
    I assume you will take 3 shots around for shaved Samyang 8mm on 5D and 5DII and 4 shots around for 350D. The NPPs or LPPs are different by 1.25mm according to Michel Thoby.
    michel.thoby.free.fr/SAMYANG/Early%20test%20repor...
    This difference may not cause problems in most outdoor panos. It may be a problem indoors with nearby objects.
    However, if you take 4 shots around for all cameras, there will not be any difference.
    If you want to adjust quickly for the difference in NPPs, you can provide me your NPP data for 3 shots around and 4 shots around, I can make you a custom rail stop to remember the settings.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.