Using NN5 5L to shoot 3D

Thread: Using NN5 5L to shoot 3D

Share/Bookmark
  1. Using NN5 5L to shoot 3D

Users Country Flag

I'm trying to set something up for shoot 3D panos.

I have a NN5L RD16 and I'm looking at getting another NN5L NO ROTATOR and two NN5 5L Stand Rotator 5 ring sets.
    I also have a two Canon 5D-II and two 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses that I want to try shooting some 3D panos with. Using this lens from 70-200mm I'm not sure what detent rings I would need, that's why I'm looking at getting the 2 sets, one for each NN5 VERTICAL RAIL assembly.

The other thing that I will be doing is custom making a NN5L lower rail where it's a little longer and sticks out on both sides of the R-D16 Rotator. This will allow for 2 cameras, one on each side of the R-D16 Rotator, where the distance between cameras can be adjusted as needed for shooting 3D images.
    I think this setup should work for shooting 3D Giga Panos.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cameleer View Post
    I'm trying to set something up for shoot 3D panos.

I have a NN5L RD16 and I'm looking at getting another NN5L NO ROTATOR and two NN5 5L Stand Rotator 5 ring sets.
    I also have a two Canon 5D-II and two 70-200mm f/2.8 lenses that I want to try shooting some 3D panos with. Using this lens from 70-200mm I'm not sure what detent rings I would need, that's why I'm looking at getting the 2 sets, one for each NN5 VERTICAL RAIL assembly.

The other thing that I will be doing is custom making a NN5L lower rail where it's a little longer and sticks out on both sides of the R-D16 Rotator. This will allow for 2 cameras, one on each side of the R-D16 Rotator, where the distance between cameras can be adjusted as needed for shooting 3D images.
    I think this setup should work for shooting 3D Giga Panos.
    YOu may find this useful.
    http://www.panoguide.com/forums/tipsntricks/3027/

if you want to use dual camera 3D shooting, you should wait for our coming NN Ultimate Modular Series.
    you can play with 3D with one camera first.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Nick,
    Yes I know about only using one camera, but there's far too many disadvantages in shooting that way, and I already have 2 cameras and a few different sets of lenses.
    I found the info about the new NN Ultimate Modular Series saying it should be coming out next month, I can wait for something even more stable which should help when trying to shoot 3D Giga Panos.

Until then I can practice using my own rail mount system that's made for using with fisheye lenes on a pole, tripod or handheld. The cameras can be mounted vertically, horizontally or diagonally above or below the rail. When on a pole the cameras are mounted below the rail to better balance it. When using Canon 15mm lenses the cameras are mounted diagonally to get 180 Degrees out of the lenses.
    The rail system is also 15 inches long so that the cameras can be put close together or far apart depending on how much 3D affect your going for.