can I use these lenses successfully...

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can I use these lenses successfully...

Share/Bookmark
  1. can I use these lenses successfully...

I recently had my car broken into and some of my gear is gone. I'm down to the NN5, the Nikon D90 with the 18-105 lens and a 35mm f/2.8 portrait lens. I have the Autodesk Autostitch and PTGui and photoshop (CS4). The question is... Can I successfully create a decent 360 pan with this software and these lenses? I don't really have the cash to buy a new wide angle or fish eye at the moment, but will be able to if I accept this job and can do it with the gear I have...

Any suggestions or opinions will be greatly appreciated!
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    I recently had my car broken into and some of my gear is gone. I'm down to the NN5, the Nikon D90 with the 18-105 lens and a 35mm f/2.8 portrait lens. I have the Autodesk Autostitch and PTGui and photoshop (CS4). The question is... Can I successfully create a decent 360 pan with this software and these lenses? I don't really have the cash to buy a new wide angle or fish eye at the moment, but will be able to if I accept this job and can do it with the gear I have...

Any suggestions or opinions will be greatly appreciated!
    Why not?

Nikon 18mm
    * 1.5x=27mm, HFOV: 67° | VFOV: 48° | DFOV: 77°

* Min. shots (1.5x): N, 10 images every 36° at -45° pitch, 10 images every 36° at 0° pitch, 10 images every 36° at +45° pitch, Z

http://www.vrwave.com/

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

This page of panoramas by Dorin Godja should answer your question:

http://www.dxn.ro/ro/panoramaRO.html

John
+ Reply to Thread