NN5 replacement...

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN5 replacement...

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5 replacement...

Hi all, is my first time in the forum and would like to know two things! First, the new model will replace the NN5 is compatible with Nikon D90 & 10.5mm? And the other is for when it would be available? Another thing! The new model will be able to buy without the RD16, because my idea is to buy the RD16 now and use it with the NN3 that I have?

Thank you very much and sorry for my English!
    Users Country Flag

Hi Vedder,
    welcome to the forum and all the best for 2011.

The new modular system will be compatible with D90 10.5mm. I suppose it will be around march to be ready for delivery. I know Nick is working hard to get everything ready to deliver the best quality product. RD16 Rotator is the only one to be compatible with the new modular system as far as I know.

You are well equipped with NN3 for D90 10.5. May I ask one question? What is your intension for the future, another body, another lens? Why do you think of getting a RD16 for your NN3? This would help us to give a serious comment to your question.

Vedder you are welcome, no matter if we have to use signs and pics to understand each other. No problem to understand you! ....nobody is perfect... but this forum tries to get closer to this goal....80% 85%... Where do you come from? Helps to recommend an experienced distributor or reseller.

Cheers,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 01-05-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Hi Heinz, thanks for answering so fast! First wanted to say I'm from Argentina! I mention that just in these weeks I will buy the D90 and 10.5mm. I've been doing panoramas with another camera for over a year and it is time for change! By purchasing the RD16 I'm looking more precisely at the time of making shots, I think it's a great solution and, later, I'm thinking of doing Objects VR with 10 inch VR Object Movie Turntable. That way the RD16 allow me to work with a lot of shots.

Can you tell me if the new model will be able to buy without the RD16?

Thank you and we are in touch!

Vedder
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Vedder View Post
    Hi all, is my first time in the forum and would like to know two things! First, the new model will replace the NN5 is compatible with Nikon D90 & 10.5mm? And the other is for when it would be available? Another thing! The new model will be able to buy without the RD16, because my idea is to buy the RD16 now and use it with the NN3 that I have?
    Thank you very much and sorry for my English!

For Nodal Ninja 4, you can ask to buy without rotator even if we don't list it in the store. For the modular series, you can buy any components individually.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Vedder,

thx for explaining. This makes sense to get the RD16. Think about adding a nadir adaptor, and possibly adding an EZ-Leveller II as well. Then you are fully equipped.

Lower rail setting - LRS - for D90 is 56 mm on NN3, with nadir adaptor 50 mm because off an offset of 6mm of the vertical rail. Upper rail setting for 10.5 is 83 - URS.

http://www.easypano.com/forum/displa...1&TopicID=4162

http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

Check the settings with your own equipment.

BTW: The prices for D90 should have been falling since the D7000, the follow up for D90. D7000 has bracketing 3 with +/- 2 EV, nice and easy. Would work with your NN equipment as well. Just testing D7000 with NN5/3 and different fisheye lenses. But may be you already have thought about D7000.

Price in Europe D90 body €595, D7000 body €1049

Pleasure, we'll stay tuned.
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 01-05-2011 at 10:41 PM.
+ Reply to Thread