New panorama record: 80 Gigapixel

Thread: New panorama record: 80 Gigapixel

Share/Bookmark
  1. New panorama record: 80 Gigapixel

A new world record panorama by Jeffrey Martin.

80 Gigapixels panorma from London (400,000 x 200,000 pixels)

http://www.360cities.net/london-photo-en.html

I've been looking around it for a few hours now and I love it. It came out really really well. But, my favorite is still the Paris 26 Gigapixels
    Users Country Flag

I really hate to rain on anyone's parade, but this is another example of technology for techologies sake. Unless you grew up in the town and are homesick, it really is not interesting to look at. If you zoom in all the way, you cannot get away from the author's watermark. You see a minimum of two of them at a time no matter where you pan around. Really distracting.

I have seen a gigapixel of a royal wedding that actually had something to look at when you zoomed in. Very nice. 90% of the panoramas out there are boring (mine included), with only a couple of real gems out there. The subject matter of this one is boring. Lots of roof tops and empy offices, not to mention the numerous stitching errors and floating body parts (try to find the bus that is missing it's lower deck). I would much rather see a gigapixel from the top observation deck of the Eiffel Tower. I wish I had the skill and time to attempt that one.

Thanks for the info. Looks like cloud are generated. Anyway, I enjoy looking around the places where I have not been in person and can view any direction.