T-II -- handy hint to make using it easier.

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T-II -- handy hint to make using it easier.

Share/Bookmark
  1. T-II -- handy hint to make using it easier.

I scraped the cork pad with a screwdriver to rough it up and then scrubbed it with alcohol and now the surface has much more friction that keeps the camera from slipping out of alignment. Not a perfect solution but something that makes it better.
    Users Country Flag

ready to try the polymorph? It will be even better.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

I've thought about it -- it's called Friendly Plastic on eBay. But I don't think I could make it work for me for the following two reasons:

1) I really don't like the idea of sticking my new LX3 into a wad of hot plastic. There are little screws and access panels on the bottom along with the battery door. If those things get gummed up that would be bad.

2) There is no way to get a perfect alignment on all three axises by just pushing the camera down into the hot plastic. And if it's a little off in any of the three axises then you have to do the whole thing over again -- and over and over...

The best solution is still a carefully designed plate -- a discussion that we don't need to have over again :-)

BTW: here's my first pano with my LX3

http://pancyl.com/TwinLakesNoWind.html

DD
    Last edited by DemonDuck; 11-10-2010 at 10:41 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    I've thought about it -- it's called Friendly Plastic on eBay. But I don't think I could make it work for me for the following two reasons:

1) I really don't like the idea of sticking my new LX3 into a wad of hot plastic. There are little screws and access panels on the bottom along with the battery door. If those things get gummed up that would be bad.

2) There is no way to get a perfect alignment on all three axises by just pushing the camera down into the hot plastic. And if it's a little off in any of the three axises then you have to do the whole thing over again -- and over and over...

The best solution is still a carefully designed plate -- a discussion that we don't need to have over again :-)

BTW: here's my first pano with my LX3

http://pancyl.com/TwinLakesNoWind.html

DD
    no, you don't press the camera against the hot polymorph plastic. You should place the polymorph at the indicated position in the attached image. Stay clear from the body of camera. Press the adapter tube against the plastic.
    I can send you a small amount of polymorph if you like.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	T-adapter II.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	70.6 KB
ID:	114  

Fanotec

Ok, I see what you mean. But I still don't want to use it on my camera or lens adapter.

It would stabilize the camera but there is still the probability of stabilizing the camera out of alignment and with the polymorph holding the camera in position, correcting the alignment would be difficult to impossible.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I am very reluctant to use polymorph....

DD
    Users Country Flag

you can make a correct alignment and then apply the polymorph by filling it from the sides of the adapter tube.

Nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread