Sets of pictures for fisheye lens comparison on Nikon D90, D300s, D700 to play around

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

Thread: Sets of pictures for fisheye lens comparison on Nikon D90, D300s, D700 to play around

Share/Bookmark

Threaded View

1. Sets of pictures for fisheye lens comparison on Nikon D90, D300s, D700 to play around

Users Country Flag

Hello,

because of a lot of questions on forums I decided to set up sets of pictures for different fisheye lenses and Nikon bodies.

Bodies used are D90, D300s, D700.

Fisheye lenses used are Nikkor 10.5 (shaved) , Sigma 8 mm/f3.5, Samyang 8mm/f3.5 (shaved) and Nikkor 16mm

The shots are taken at 0°, +5°, +7.5° - R1 settings - , 2x +60° for horizon connection, Zenith, 2 Nadir shots with nadir adaptor. Jpeg and RAW. Straight from the camera.

So those who like to play around may correct CA, stitch, add Zenith and nadir by masking, try different
    pitch settings to experiment with the quality of the zenith without an extra zenith shot for use with R1 for example.

For newbies, walking through control points set automatically in PTGui to learn about stitching errors related to missing CP not being placed in important areas Cp being set automatically. Plus at the end, trying to set up a template with my sets which at the end have to be revised with their own camera lens combinations.

But I feel, it might give some help to avoid frustration with the first fisheye panos using a "raw template'.

Download will take its time, because of Raw data included. Each camera set around 1.5 to 2 GB.

I still did not succeed with D300s to upload, still got errors 100 after hours of uploading.

But I will try again, don't worry.

So at least, feel free to play around, take it or leave it.

http://web.me.com/hindenhaag/filechute/D700.zip
    http://homepage.mac.com/hindenhaag/filechute/D90.zip

BTW: ISO 200 f8

Regards,
    Heinz

If there is a question to split the map of a camera body to single lenses to reduce the time of download, I might think about to do it.
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-01-2010 at 01:47 PM.