NN3 with D700

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN3 with D700

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. NN3 with D700

Hi all,

i have just upgraded my camera to a D700 and still have my NN3; is anyone using this combination? if not what are you using and is there a planned replacement for the NN5?

chees folks :)
    Users Country Flag

There will be a replacement but you have to wait a little bit.

What lens do you want to use with the D700? Normally I would use it with NN5, but you can give it a try with your NN3. Ask your local dealer if he has a NN5 in stock. Where do you live?

Regards,

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    There will be a replacement but you have to wait a little bit.

What lens do you want to use with the D700? Normally I would use it with NN5, but you can give it a try with your NN3. Ask your local dealer if he has a NN5 in stock. Where do you live?

Regards,

Heinz
    Hi Heinz

am in the uk and i have seen a few NN5's in stock on fleabay but may speak to the nice ninja people at photokina about the replacement. will be using the D700 with a sigma 12-24 so i need a rig that can cope with that setup and weight.

Mark
    Users Country Flag

Mark,

You should use a NN5 in that case. I use it with D700, D3 and Nikkor 14-24, quite heavy. The NN5 serves me very well, so if you do not want to shoot with long lenses which need 1,25°, a new option with the new ultimate serie, the NN5 will serve you.

Enjoy the photokina, and greetings from me to the guys at NN. May be you see Badders, reseller in UK. Or Vincen from France. Have a look to the new pole system!

Regards,

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-19-2010 at 10:18 PM.

Hi Mark,

Did you contact me on eBay about the NN5 irregulars? If you are coming to Photokina I am here with the others from NN. See you here! We at in hall 4.1 stand F030

Badders

I use D700 with NN3 and 16 mm Nikon, it works fine, litle bit less obvious than 10.5mmm and D300. But in fact I'm not sure to found the perfect setup ....A= 62 et B= 82 ?
    Of course D700 pictures are beautiful, but sometimes I have stitching problems, more than with the 10.5 mm.
    www.cinod.fr

Quote Originally Posted by franckysmith View Post
    I have stitching problems, more than with the 10.5 mm.
    Your stitching problems might be more likely due to shortcomings your stiching technique than the panohead setup. Looking at the panoramas on your web site, many are badly in need of levelling to get the verticals properly vertical - e.g. Musée des Arts Forains. This only takes a couple of minutes at most during stitching, and the finished equirectangular panorama can also be levelled very easily. See http://www.johnhpanos.com/levtut.htm for PTGui help; Hugin and Autopano Pro have similar facilities.

John
    Users Country Flag

Franky,

D700 LRS NN5 61, NN3 62 URS 10.5 @ 85, 16mm @ 82, Sigma 8/f3.5 @ 94, Samyang 8mm/f3.5 @ 97. Stitch one to perfect and make a template of it.

Regards,

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by franckysmith View Post
    I use D700 with NN3 and 16 mm Nikon, it works fine, litle bit less obvious than 10.5mmm and D300. But in fact I'm not sure to found the perfect setup ....A= 62 et B= 82 ?
    Of course D700 pictures are beautiful, but sometimes I have stitching problems, more than with the 10.5 mm.
    www.cinod.fr
    Your stitching errors has nothing to do with your setup but they are typical for bad optimizing. Most probably you have not optimized for shift.
    I can see that you have errors at around 45 degrees where the zenith meets the 6 around.
    Even if you have several mm errors on both LRS and URS they should stitch perfect in a room like the theatre.
    Mine does even in a room of 1x1.5m with such errors.

This is typical for shift problems and you have the camera which seems to have the largest sensor shift of all I have seen reported.

Hans
+ Reply to Thread