NN5/5L series discontinued

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: NN5/5L series discontinued

Share/Bookmark

Looking at the pictures of the prototypes, the new unit certainly looks robust and flexible. However, when I look at some of the new cameras, I see a significant trend toward smaller and smaller cameras. Some of the new M4/3 cameras are not much bigger than compacts. The new unit is way overkill for that class of camera. And if you think of some of the high end compacts, it is just an impractical solution.

Hopefully, when the new modular system is done, Nodal Ninja will turn it's attention toward producing a mini-NNXX that will be a more practical solution for small EVIL's and compacts.

DD
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post

Hopefully, when the new modular system is done, Nodal Ninja will turn it's attention toward producing a mini-NNXX that will be a more practical solution for small EVIL's and compacts.

DD
    That will be a natural progression.

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Hi, any news about the NN5 replacement? When will it be available?

Thanks in advance.
    Users Country Flag

Latest news have told us Jan, Feb 2011. Nick is working hard on it.

Heinz

Ok i'll wait until february ;) It's too cold for me at the moment anyway :)

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    For those who worry about the future of affordable line of Nodal Ninja, we will release a new product in 2011. It is a slightly downgraded "NN5" with fixed 15 deg lock in upper rotator. It works for focal length slightly less than 100mm eq. Those who want to use longer focal length need to grab an NN5 series while still available or buy the new multi-row Ultimate pano heads. As a matter of fact, NN5/5L does not work very well for big tele lenses. These lenses are best served by the Ultimate.

Nick
    Hey Nick, I was just considering the purchase of one of the discontinued NN5's when I caught this quote here. Are you, or anyone with experience, suggesting this is not a good option for use with say a Canon 5dmII with a 70-200mm lens? Because I need to mount a large telephoto like this for my commercial panorama work, but also want something to do fisheye work as well... 2 birds, one tool. COMMENTS PLEASE. The newer equipment cost is DOUBLE the existing stock of NN5's.
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

I use NN5 RD16 with D3 70-200mm/f2.8, and this works. But this is one of the very big boys for the NN5. It won't take a Nikkor 200/300mm/f2.8. Then you have to wait for the big tele-lenses equipment.

http://homepage.mac.com/hindenhaag/f...e/DSC_1130.jpg Zoom @200 in this position.

You have to use the NN5 in a special way with this lens, cause zoom @ 200 gives a NPP behind the sensor!

Do you know the settings for Canon 70-200? May be you try to order with the option to change it if you do not like it or it does not fit .

Heinz

Try to call or chat with Bill:

Nodal Ninja®, 3454 N. San Marcos Pl. Ste 8, Chandler, Arizona, 85225 USA
    Customer Service ph: 480-659-9899 / fax: 480-452-0452 Hours: M-T-TH-F 7am-11am
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 03-05-2011 at 07:01 AM.
+ Reply to Thread