NN5/5L series discontinued

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NN5/5L series discontinued

Share/Bookmark
    Users Country Flag

Don't worry.

You can order online if you like to. Some months ago I ordered the three knob set, in case something might happen.

Go down the site and you will find all NN5 availible knobs, ect. You have to go to >estore, >accessories.

http://store.nodalninja.com/categories/Accessories/

Regards,

Heinz

Hello there.

I'm wondering whether I should buy a NN5 w/R-D16 before they all go, or whether I should wait 6/12 months for one of the new, currently unreleased models, should they better serve my needs.

I have a Canon 40D and want to create both 360 VRs (I currently have the 17-85mm but will get a wider lens in time) with the option to use longer lenses (100mm prime / 70-300mm) for detailed vistas.

I'm happy to wait a while if it's going to be worth it, but likewise I don't want to miss out on a NN5 if the new models won't be able to do everything the NN5 can.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Kind Regards,
    Jeremy.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyknight9 View Post
    I have a Canon 40D and want to create both 360 VRs (I currently have the 17-85mm but will get a wider lens in time) with the option to use longer lenses (100mm prime / 70-300mm) for detailed vistas.
    New model will only have fixed 15 deg lock in the upper rotator. It works up to 50-60mm on 1.6x sensor. If you plan to use longer focal length, get a NN5 series now.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

I was looking to upgrade from the NN3 to NN5 as well... I have a 5d with 16-35mm lens that i use for other photography and was hoping to use it in the 360 world as well. at first glance it doesnt appear as if I would be able to use the ultimate with this lens, please tell me i'm wrong.
    Looks like I need to hurry up!
    Last edited by adavis2; 09-17-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Users Country Flag

The NN Ultimate Modular series will support all lens types. The coming model will have fixed 7.5 deg indexed lock in the upper rotator. It will suppoort focal length up to 200mm eq. I am also developing models that will support >500mm focal length. But be prepared for a much higher price for the Ultimate.

Nick

Fanotec
  6. replacement knobs

Thank you. They just arrived yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Don't worry.

You can order online if you like to. Some months ago I ordered the three knob set, in case something might happen.

Go down the site and you will find all NN5 availible knobs, ect. You have to go to >estore, >accessories.

http://store.nodalninja.com/categories/Accessories/

Regards,

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    The NN Ultimate Modular series will support all lens types. The coming model will have fixed 7.5 deg indexed lock in the upper rotator. It will suppoort focal length up to 200mm eq. I am also developing models that will support >500mm focal length. But be prepared for a much higher price for the Ultimate.

Nick
    sounds good... i'm having a hard time understanding how a zenith and nadar shot would be made... since the 16mm isnt a fisheye, i will need a zenith in order to make a full 360x360 if i'm not mistaken.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by adavis2 View Post
    sounds good... i'm having a hard time understanding how a zenith and nadar shot would be made... since the 16mm isnt a fisheye, i will need a zenith in order to make a full 360x360 if i'm not mistaken.
    I am not talking NN Ultimate R1/10. The coming NN Ultimate modular series is a multi-row full spherical pano head like NN5. You can even make a 360x 180 deg pano using a 200mm lens.

nick

Fanotec

Thanks Nick for the advice - I have now ordered a NN5 w/R-D16 from my local reseller and can't wait to use it.

Jeremy.

Hello. If I purchased the NN5 with RD16 rotator, would it support an 18 to 200mm Nikon, or do I need something else for it?

Thanks
    Users Country Flag

Hi Juniper,

18-200 VRII ? What Camera body?

Regards,
    Heinz

Yes, sorry!! Its to be used with a Nikon 18-200 VRII with a D300s Nikon Body.
    Last edited by Juniper; 10-06-2010 at 04:01 AM.
    Users Country Flag

D300s LRS 60, test it with this http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/8519/ . If the tooth cuts to the right, move the body to the right, if it cuts left, to the left, 1mm by 1mm.

18-200VR II : zoom , urs 18 108, 24 103, 35 95, 50 80, 70 57

For fisheye lenses have a look to the D300s fisheye lens comparison: http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...1888#post31888

Feel free to ask, and welcome to the forum.

Regards,

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 10-06-2010 at 04:08 AM.

Sorry - I have gotten lost here!! What is the LRS 60 and the link that you provided, goes to a post in the forum about water droplets on a fisheye lens.
    Last edited by Juniper; 10-06-2010 at 04:24 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Juniper,

LRS = lower rail setting = the position you have to place the vertical rail to with the long side of the foot directing to rotator center.

Just tested the link, it goes to list of fisheye comparison, does'n it?

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread