NN3 MKII vs SPH-2 for 7D + Samyang 8mm

Thread: NN3 MKII vs SPH-2 for 7D + Samyang 8mm

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. NN3 MKII vs SPH-2 for 7D + Samyang 8mm

I plan to use my canon 7d and Samyang (Rokinon) 8mm lens for occasional pano/hdr work, and considering either a new NN3 starter kit or a used NN SPH-2. I think the older model would probably be sufficient for my needs due to how infrequently I'd actually use it, but not sure about how it would handle the weight and size of my camera & lens combo compared to the NN3 MKII. From what I've read the NN3is stronger and has longer rails.

I can get the used SPH-2 for less than half of new NN3 price, but don't want to waste time and money on something that won't work. Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mitch
    Users Country Flag

Mitch,

I do not think there are spare parts available for the old SPH-2 when something happens. (Knobs etc.) NN3 MKII will work for your combo.

http://www.google.com/search?client=...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 : SHP-2 Appendix, downloads the manual

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 08-22-2010 at 12:50 PM.
    Users Country Flag

get a NN3II if you can afford Canon 7D. NN3II is more than twice as good as SPH-2.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Thanks for the advice. NN3 MKII ordered :)

Now if anyone has proper settings for 7D + Samyang/Rokinon 8mm, that would be apprecaited.

Umm... I have the settings for the Canon 7D and Samyang 8mm on a NN5 with the NN QRS:

Lower: 70
    Upper: 94

Badders