Levelling or stitching error or wrong NPP? Help please.

Thread: Levelling or stitching error or wrong NPP? Help please.

Share/Bookmark
  1. Levelling or stitching error or wrong NPP? Help please.

Users Country Flag

I tried to do a 360 degree pano. Somehow I always get a stitching error (see photo here:http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4122/...7b6258a3_b.jpg). Was it a levelling, stitching error or wrong NPP? I did the traditional way of finding the NPP and the direct method of checking it by using a pen's barrel. I was using a Canon Rebel XTi w/ EF-S 10-22mm mounted set at 10mm. f/8, ISO 100. I used PTGUi for stitching and optimized using CS3. Any comment, advise or help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ruel
    Users Country Flag

Ruel,

I'd first try to add control points manually after checking them in the PTGui. White walls or areas with small or nearly no differences tend to have no CP. Walk through PTGui step by step to recognize where PTGui placed the CP. Just try to add around 4 CP.

Check the zoom setting of your pics, sometimes you might have changed this by accident if the lens is not taped.

We can try to help you when you send the original pics.

Regards

Heinz
    Users Country Flag

Hi Heinz,
    Thanks will do that. Ok,i'll send the original photo next time.
    Users Country Flag

Hi Ruel,

Leveling will never cause stitching errors provided you don't re-level the pano head during the shooting sequence. It only affects the leveling of your panos. In ptgui, you can "straighten" (ie level) a pano with just one click of button.
    stitching errors are either due to wrong lens parameters (due to insufficient good control points) or wrong NPP. You can confirm your NPP by this tutorial
    http://johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.