Just a newbie with NN5

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just a newbie with NN5

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Just a newbie with NN5

hi I just recently purchased NN5 a week ago. i told the gent at the camera shop where I purchased it that I will be using a 50mmf1.2L with my 5Dmk2. he then looked at the canon chart and informed me that 45deg detent ring is what I should put in the lower assembly.

he tried to explained it to me but i was in a hurry for my flight. is there any literature that I can read up about this? i want to shoot as soon as I can but would like to understand more about the techniques in using other lenses.

thanks a bunch!See More

20 hours ago · Comment ·LikeUnlike · Flag
  2. tried it last night

the NN5 seems easy enough to assemble and put together.

i tried shooting street architecture last night I'll see if I can stitch them tonight.

I found the the detent 45% doesnt seem to overlap using my 59mm lens. so i just had to do manual overlapping of the images myself.

anyone out there that can help me with my original question?
    Users Country Flag

Hi,

you have to set your detent plunger at 20° with 18 stops with an overlap of around 25 %.

The calculator will tell you 18 shots. In your manual of the NN5 you will see, that 18 stops work with the 20° setting.

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by RommelAtienza View Post
    ... I will be using a 50mmf1.2L with my 5Dmk2. he then looked at the canon chart and informed me that 45deg detent ring is what I should put in the lower assembly.
    That's nowhere near correct. You need the 18 degree/20 stop ring to give sufficient overlap with a 50mm lens. 45deg/8 stops is suitable for a super-wide angle (16-21mm) lens.
    See the How To Choose a Detent Interval sticky thread on this forum.
    Users Country Flag

this is what you need with the calcultors: see attachment.

Heinz

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    this is what you need with the calcultors: see attachment.
    Heinz, Is there an attachment? I don't know how this forum handles attachments, but I cannot see any relevant icons or links to access one. What do I need to do to see your attachment?

John
    Users Country Flag

John,

when you opened up the "New Reply", below this box you find the box "Additional Options", similar to the old one.

With "Manage Attachments" you can add a file or a link. I suppose this works like the old attachment version.

"Submit reply" after using the "upload button", and... nothing happens besides that the file I added disappears.

I already have send mail about this question, but till now got no response.

Heinz
+ Reply to Thread