Canon 7d Settings?

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Canon 7d Settings?

Share/Bookmark

I assume the lower rail measurement is read via the inner edge of the upper rail base? I fine tuned it a bit more and am now at 57. Haven't followed the steps in the easypano link yet, but the bullseye mark on the top of the NN rotator is centered in camera viewport exactly if I rotate it around. Used this setting along with 92 for upper rail with the Samyang (Rokinon brand) for a pano shoot on Sunday and stitching in Hugin worked great. No seams or obvious parallax errors.
    Users Country Flag

After reading this thread and the links contained within this thread, not to mention referring to this :http://wiki.panotools.org/Entrance_Pupil_Database a few questions came to my mind. I have just upgraded from 400D/Rebel XTi to 7D. I'm using NN3 MkII on an RD-16 with a Canon EF-S 10-22 mounted. First, just curious, why is it the LRS setting for the 7D is pegged at 53mm (51mm for the 400D)? Based on the link provided above, the L1 (center of the tripod mount to the lens base) is shorter in 7D than it is in the 400D (w/ CP-2). Why do you have to move away from the center of the NN3's lower rotator tension knob in spite of the L1 being shorter in 7D? How would I set the upper rail then with the 10-22mm mounted? Thanks in advance.
    Users Country Flag

Sorry mitch, just saw your answer now. Yes, the long side of the vertical rail has to be placed towards the rotator, the inner edge is the reference point.

There are some more which work with your settings.

Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 11-17-2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Ruel,

you have a problem cause you are making a mistake: LRS setting corresponds to H of the wiki database, plus the CP-2 plus offset of the NN vertical rail. H is 42mm to 35mm. L1 + L2 is important for URS of the camera lens combination.

Depends on your own equipment. Check the LRS with the link mentioned below, start with 53. If it is not right, move mm by mm.

Success,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 11-17-2010 at 09:31 AM.
    Users Country Flag

Thanks for the clarification Heinz. Now I get it. You're right, the H in 7D is higher as compared to the 400D. Does that mean if i use the 10-22mm set at 10mm the URS should be at least 103.5mm (37.5 + 66mm)? Thanks.
    Users Country Flag

Ruel,

check this discussions as well: http://www.tawbaware.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=31251

Check John's Tutorial as well: http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm

When the reference point moves with turning direction of the camera, you have to go forward on the upper rail, moving against turning direction you have to go backwards. Setting zoom to 10, begin near the front of the lens and then move backwards by 5mm steps. When the direction of reference point changes, move forward mm by mm. To check your NPP, set the pics of it to PS, use layers, second one with 50% opacity, place them exactly top on top, and click on and off to see if the Reference moves or not.

Sucess,
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 11-17-2010 at 10:06 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Ok thanks for the tip, Heinz. It's time to try it out.
+ Reply to Thread