R1 best set up using Nikon 10.5mm & D5000
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: R1 best set up using Nikon 10.5mm & D5000

Share/Bookmark

Funny you should mention that I never asked

Erik
    Users Country Flag

Erik,

I just saw your post early in the morning and even then I was very impressed. Now being home, 21.51, I took my time to load and have a look to a part of your work. It is worth every second of loading time. Erik, you know your job and I have great respect for you personally standing for such a project, besides, handheld or monopod. You managed to get into the rooms free of visitors. This alone shows a part of your enthusiasm you do your work with.

To dare to do this project handheld, not only one room, but the hole project. UUfff. Taking all these pictures is only the chance to give a re-birth to the work of these often penniless dying artists and to present it to a greater audience. And then with great respect I adore the amount of energy, knowledge and time you have set into this project to be able to present this result.

I think this is the first GIGAPIXEL HANDHELD PANO in the world.

Erik, besides your other brilliant work, for me this is an emperors shot.

Besides this guys, Erik knows to solve his hardware problems as well. D3 bumping into the R1 knobs, Erik asks someone to produce an adding column to prevent this problem and sends his measurement of the construction to the forum.

When he needs a different connection for his remote control for R1, he reports that he has found a plug and presents the diagram to connect the points. And then.....desert. Little or nothing from Erik.

And besides his former presentations on this forum now a bomb is exploding.

Erik, thx a lot, great respect, I like the way you do your job in your personal way. Not many of you around, but I feel happy that some people of your personality and enthusiasm take their time to present this result.

Regards,

Heinz

BTW: DennisS, sorry I can't remember, have you been allowed to take your Louvre shots with a monopod or have they been taken handheld?
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 09-22-2010 at 02:35 PM.
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    BTW: DennisS, sorry I can't remember, have you been allowed to take your Louvre shots with a monopod or have they been taken handheld?
    All except the lower lobby were hand held. No camera support devices allowed.

Thanks for the complement Heinz

Just to point out for a little marvel which help me to level the camera - see link below

http://www.enjoyyourcamera.com/Tripo...und::2783.html

If you dont level the camera there will be too much work in photoshop to patch the final result as it will not stitch correctly

Erik
    Users Country Flag

Thx for the tip Erik,

may be one of these Acc. can help you next time?

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/show...2060#post32060

Heinz