NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip

Hello to all, first post :-)

Soon I will be ordering a NN5 to use with a Canon 40D + Grip + EF-S 10-22. Since this grip has a tripod mount offset of about 5mm, I will be ordering the QR System as well.
    However, I would like to keep using my Manfrotto 410 plates, since those are what I use with my 410 Geared Head. and keep one 410 plate attached to the grip. I also have a 394 Clamp (to use with the same 410 plates).

So my question is: How can I do it?

If it wasn't for the offset thing, I guess I could just attach the 394 Clamp to the NN camera plate (no need for the NN QR System).

How about mounting the 394 Clamp on a NN T-Adaptor (and then attach them on the upper arm)?

Hope someone can help me find the most stable and secure solution.

Thanks in advance,

Trico (Portugal)

--
    Trico
  2. Re: NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Trico View Post

Soon I will be ordering a NN5 to use with a Canon 40D + Grip + EF-S 10-22. Since this grip has a tripod mount offset of about 5mm, I will be ordering the QR System as well.

However, I would like to keep using my Manfrotto 410 plates, since those are what I use with my 410 Geared Head. and keep one 410 plate attached to the grip. I also have a 394 Clamp (to use with the same 410 plates).

How about mounting the 394 Clamp on a NN T-Adaptor (and then attach them on the upper arm)?
    I don't have the 410 plate. The picture
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...FL._SS400_.jpg
    shows that your can slide the mounting screw in the plate. So you can try to mount the plate in a way that it fits the grip and correct the offset at the same time.
    Alternatively, get a T-adapter and mount the Manfrotto QR system on the T-adapter with appropriate amount of off-set correction. You can ask to swap the T-adapter with the camera mounting plate without extra cost.

Anyhow, don't buy the QR system from us. It doesn't fit your purpose.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN5 + Manfrotto 394 + 40D + Grip

Thank you Nick.

I think I'll go with the T-Adapter.

Thanks again for your prompt reply.

Trico

--
    Trico
+ Reply to Thread