Renting a Sigma 8mm

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Renting a Sigma 8mm

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Renting a Sigma 8mm

Hi Guys,

Renting a sigma 8mm f/3.5 dg for the weekend and I am putting it on my canon xti body was
    hoping that I could get some guidance on the shooting workflow using this lens for 360x180
    pano and how to handle the removal of the distortion of the lens for my final pano. I am glad
    to be able to rent this lens before buying. I have reserved the tokina 10-17 for next weekend.
    Thanks in advance for any help.

dee
  2. Re: Renting a Sigma 8mm

Users Country Flag

Hi Dee,

when you stitch in PTGui, >Load Images - without Z + N shot in the beginning -, >align Images, >advanced, >optimizer, > Heavy + Lensshift, >optimize up to "very good".

Next >source image : green + and add Zenith shots, >align images, >optimize and so on,

Last add nadir shots in the same way. PTgui will automatically remove distortion.

Take normal shots going through all apertures to get to know when the lens turn to be soft and how much you can open up. Aperture 5.6, 8 and 11 should be tested with different focus settings in hyperfocal distance.

Do the same with the tokina.

Heinz
  3. Re: Renting a Sigma 8mm

Thanks

I just picked up the lens today and took a look thru the camera and WOW! huge difference from the kit lens

I have written down your response and look forward to giving it a go. I appreciate the direction.

have a great weekend
    dee
  4. Re: Renting a Sigma 8mm

Dee, You may find some of these tutorials helpful: http://www.johnhpanos.com/tuts.htm.

John

+ Reply to Thread