Canadian Rocky Mountains

Thread: Canadian Rocky Mountains

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Canadian Rocky Mountains

Users Country Flag

I'd like to invite you to view my panorama web site. To date, most of my panoramas are from the Canadian Rockies. The most recent additions are from Johnston Canyon in Banff National Park.

www.judyarndt.ca

Comments and advice welcome.

Judy Arndt

Nodal Ninja 3/MkII and RD-8 Rotator
    Nikon D5000, Samyang 8mm fisheye lens
  2. Re: Canadian Rocky Mountains

Hello Judy,
    wow.... amazing pictures. I am impressed.
    I see, i have to spent some weeks in Canada as well
    All the best from Germany
    Peter
  3. Re: Canadian Rocky Mountains

Users Country Flag

Thanks, Peter. I'm glad you enjoyed my panos.

If you like mountain scenery, you'll find many photo opportunities in the mountain parks here in Canada.

Judy
  4. Re: Canadian Rocky Mountains

Hi Judy,
    Very nice panos. I too have been to the area, last March and January. I also plan on going again this September.
    So now I know what Johnston Canyon looks like when it isnt frozen and the path littered with injured and incorrectly clothed day trippers!

I have yet to put any panos I took on those trips properly online! Well, away from Facebook at least! However, there are some rough and ready ones here:

http://www.leervr.com/content/Lake%20Louise_large.html
    http://www.leervr.com/content/Lake%2...ama_large.html
    http://www.leervr.com/content/Mount%...eek_large.html

They were all taken as HDR sets to combat the contrast range presented by near black trees and bright white snow!

Lee
  5. Re: Canadian Rocky Mountains

Users Country Flag

Hi Lee,

I enjoyed your photos of the Lake Louise area.

So now I know what Johnston Canyon looks like when it isnt frozen and the path littered with injured and incorrectly clothed day trippers!
    Ha! Those are photo opportunities of a different kind.

You'll enjoy the parks in September. I've read that there's a beautiful hike into Larch Valley from Moraine Lake (8km/5mi return). In the fall the Larch trees are bright yellow.

I had taken bracketed sets of images, but found there was too much movement of trees and people to do the HDR treatment (I tried). In the end, I edited single NEF (RAW) files in Capture NX2.

I have many more photos taken in the parks, but have yet to get them processed and ready for online viewing. Now is the time to get out there and enjoy our all too brief summer while it lasts.

Judy
  6. Re: Canadian Rocky Mountains

Judy,

I'd like to go into Larch Valley but there needs to be 'a tight group of 4' to go so as to not incur the wrath of the park rangers! I remember them from Yogi Bear!! Although they were American rangers from Jellystone!!!

Moraine Lake is my favourite: http://www.leervr.com/content/Morain...09)_large.html This was taken last July on a summer trip!

For getting rid of people without creating a panic...have you tried taking numerous shots at the same exposure, stacking them and eliminating all humans? From the stack I mean!! There is software that will do this for you but I cant remember its name at the moment. As for moving trees etc., smartblend, I think does that. I use it with PTGui even for non-panoramic but stacked sets.

Hope this helps and doesn't sound like Im an egg sucking tutor!!

Lee

Hey Judy - I notice you're continually adding more panoramas and your work has been excelling. Some of the panoramas on your website are stunning. I enjoy the Carson Lake Sunset:
    http://www.judyarndt.ca/pano-july201..._dock_med.html
    Have you ever considered panoramas in IR? I believe this would add an interesting dynamic to many of your nature scenes.
    Keep up the great work.
    Bill
    Users Country Flag

Hi Bill, thanks for the compliment on my Carson Lake Sunset pano. I'm so glad you liked it.

Now, on the topic of infrared, I thought that was something people in southern climes do to make their landscapes look all frosty. I only have to wait a few months and everything here will be white. :)

Judy

All are amazing view of Alberta. I do not need to visit there in person again. Just visit your website!
    Users Country Flag

beautiful work... I especially love your twilight shots... the light quality is amazing.