Purchase advice please

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purchase advice please

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Purchase advice please

OK, I can hear you groaning "Here we go again", but I have not found the exact answers to my questions on the website or forum, and I would like clarification before I order.

I am mainly interested in taking 1-3 row horizontal panos, and 1-3 column vertical panos. Mainly landscapes, waterfalls and buildings.

I will be using a Canon 30D with 24-105mm lens and (rarely) 100-400 lens. Everything is fitted with Manfrotto QR plates to fit a 322 RC-2 head. Obviously, the 322 will have to be removed and the NN setup screwed onto the tripod, but that's just something to have to live with. Keeping the QR plates on the camera and lens is more important.

From looking at the website and forum, I think I need either NN5L or NN5, w/RD16, EZ Leveler II, and Quick Release Clamp.

My questions are:
    1. Is the NN Quick Release Clamp compatable with the Manfrotto QR plates? The info says yes, but I just want to check. If not, when will the NN Quick Release System be back in stock?

2. Is there any real advantage for my type of work in having the NN5 instead of the NN5L? I imagine there is not, because of the longer focal lengths that I will be likely to use. But it is worth asking the question.

3. How is the camera mounted in landscape orientation when taking images for a vertical pano? Is an L-bracket required? What is the part number?

4. What is the expected lead time for delivery in Colorado?

Looking forward to you reply.

Best regards, ...David

(moderator edit: double post deleted )
  2. Re: Purchase advice please

Users Country Flag

My questions are:
    1. Is the NN Quick Release Clamp compatable with the Manfrotto QR plates?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    yes, compatible with your model.

2. Is there any real advantage for my type of work in having the NN5 instead of the NN5L?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you use focal length below 100mm, NN5 is useful.

3. How is the camera mounted in landscape orientation when taking images for a vertical pano? Is an L-bracket required? What is the part number?
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Camera is mounted in portrait mode. You can make 2x3 shots if 1x3 is not wide enough. We don't have L-bracket.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Purchase advice please

+ Reply to Thread