R-D8 Question

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R-D8 Question

Share/Bookmark
  1. R-D8 Question

Just purchased the NN3 with the RD8. The "picture" instructions that arrived show and talk about the NN5 w/R-D8, but the unit is an NN3 with RD8 I assume. My tripod has a 1/4" screw mount on the quick release plate and the enclosed 3/8 to 1/4/ adapter screw goes into the RDR OK, but the tripod quick release screw won't go into the adapter (just a couple of turns). If however, I just try the adapter, and screw it on by turing it over, it works. But of course then it won't go into the RD8. Soooo, at a standstill.

Chuck
    P.S. I did download and print the NN3 User Manual, and watched all the relevant videos.
  2. Re: R-D8 Question

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by camroux View Post
    Just purchased the NN3 with the RD8. The "picture" instructions that arrived show and talk about the NN5 w/R-D8, but the unit is an NN3 with RD8 I assume. My tripod has a 1/4" screw mount on the quick release plate and the enclosed 3/8 to 1/4/ adapter screw goes into the RDR OK, but the tripod quick release screw won't go into the adapter (just a couple of turns). If however, I just try the adapter, and screw it on by turing it over, it works. But of course then it won't go into the RD8. Soooo, at a standstill.

Chuck
    P.S. I did download and print the NN3 User Manual, and watched all the relevant videos.
    Maybe the adapter screw is a bit tight. But it should work based on your info provided. Just apply more force on the screw of your QR plate.
    As a matter of fact, you should just mount the RD8 onto the tripod directly to increase the stability.
    anyway, you can ask your reseller to send you another adapter to see if it solves your problem.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: R-D8 Question

The problem is that the tripod pan head is built on the tripod. Think I will solve the problem with a new tripod. Thanks for the "twist it harder" advice. Appreciate.
  4. Re: R-D8 Question

Users Country Flag

Hi,

Might be this is interesting for you as well.

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/inde...ic,1407.0.html

Look for a tripod which can be raised to >= 150cm without the height of center column. This will help you to look through your viewfinder without bending down. If you like to use the new nadir adaptor - tested with camera Nikon D90-fisheye lenses for torque and stability - , for me the Ez-Leveller II and a 2/3way bubble leveller in the flash shoe of the camera is a must have. All this mounted directly to the tripod head.

BTW: using the new nadir adaptor with NN3 you have to reduce your LRS with 6mm, because of the offset of the vertical rail foot of the NN3 in the adaptor to reference point in the lower rail.

Regards

Heinz

+ Reply to Thread