NN3+RD16 + CANON 450D (XSI) SIGMA 10-20MM F3.5 HSM NEED HELP SETUP PLEASE

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NN3+RD16 + CANON 450D (XSI) SIGMA 10-20MM F3.5 HSM NEED HELP SETUP PLEASE

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: NN3+RD16 + CANON 450D (XSI) SIGMA 10-20MM F3.5 HSM NEED HELP SETUP PLEASE

Yes, it's possible to get a good stitch, but I concur with Hans in that the location was not well chosen for assessing the setup of the panohead. Even so, the one thing that would have helped to reveal parallax (the nearest upright post in the fence) is bang in the centre of an image and not in either overlap. It is possible to see significant verical parallax between the rail and the far background by examining seams between upper and lower row images in a PSD o/p. This amounts to a shift of about 14 pixels at full image size, so is far from negligible. More distant features show minor horizontal parallax shift, so I would say that the panohead setup could be improved.

John
  2. Re: NN3+RD16 + CANON 450D (XSI) SIGMA 10-20MM F3.5 HSM NEED HELP SETUP PLEASE

Gentlemen :

Thank you very much for the constructive input.. I will find a room with lots of detail and post up a new set. Next few days I will be away on a bussiness trip but will be back shortly with more photo of the room.. Also as suggested I will adjust the panohead a wee bit back and forth with to see changes.

best regards,

Mapkhukho
+ Reply to Thread