Pixel missing with Ptgui

Thread: Pixel missing with Ptgui

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Pixel missing with Ptgui

I'm new on this forum.

I have a problem. It's look like there is many pixels missing in my spherical photo.
    I'm using a D300 with a 12-24 mm from Nikkor with the NN3 head
    The software is PTgui Pro 8.3.2

Does anybody know what to do?

Also.. I don't find the nodal point for this setup...
    Thank

Patrick
  2. Re: Pixel missing with Ptgui

That's messed up beyond anything I have ever seen before. What is your setup and workflow?

You should probably take this issue up in the PTGui forums: http://groups.google.com/group/ptgui
    And panoguide.com is also a good place to get software related answers and help.
  3. Re: Pixel missing with Ptgui

I haven't ever seen anything like this fault either. Download the latest PTGui (v8.3.10) and see if that makes any difference before reporting it on the PTGui forum (remember to mention whether you're running the mac or PC version). If you can upload a set of images and PTGui project file somewhere to enable the fault to be reproduced, that will speed up the investigation.

John
  4. Re: Pixel missing with Ptgui

Users Country Flag

Wow,

I haven't seen this like the others either with PTGui.

Best thing is to send it to Joost directly via mail on the PTGui homepage inclusive your set of pictures.

Concerning the NPP please tell me your LRS and URS and what zoom you have used.

I will check them with mine.

Regards

Heinz

5. Re: Pixel missing with Ptgui

Quote Originally Posted by patricknadeau View Post
    I have a problem. It's look like there is many pixels missing in my spherical photo.

Also.. I don't find the nodal point for this setup...
    That's a dirty sensor you've got there! Seriously though - if you are not seeing this issue on any of the source images then something way whacky is going on with your installed version of PTGUI. To check, try as the others suggest to download the latest version. You can also test using another stitching program such as AutoPano Giga to see if you can isolate the issue.

Are the source images JPEGs or TIFFs? I'm wondering if it's an 8bit/16bit issue with tiffs?

For the nodal point have you checked out the camera settings page on the Nodal Ninja website?

Badders