Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Thread: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Share/Bookmark
  1. Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

The way home from Italy Sicily to Schiphol, Amsterdam, i was waiting for my baggage. but after waiting one hour stil no baggage. >

It was lost..... :'( In it was my Manfrotto tripot, Nodal Ninja NN5, EZ-Leveler II, Rotator D16 and two 16Gb CF carts from Sandisc.

So, i hope KLM will return it.... if not i hope the travel Insurance will cover it all.

When you see the same configuration for sale in Italy.... let me now!
  2. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Users Country Flag

That is too bad. Sorry to hear it.
    Next time, you should not place a baggage next to a tripod. The tripod gives strong hint that the baggage may contain camera, lenses which are valuable items.

nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Thanks Nick!

The tripot was insided the baggage and my camera and lenses in my backpack. The backpack i take with my in sided the airplanes.
    So, from the outsided it was just normal baggage.
  4. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

This is very unfortunate for sure. Personally my camera stays with me for this very reason. Security screeners are opening more bags as well and you never know what might fall out or disappear.
    If you need invoices for your insurance claims ask your reseller. Also check with your credit card company - sometimes they will offer travel insurance.
    Bill
  5. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Users Country Flag

Really shit,

But I suppose KLM has to pay for it. Hope you already informed KLM about the loss of the baggage. But it may take a week till they may find it back.

I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Do you need the NN equipment the next time, for business for example? If so, feel free to contact me. Might be I can help you by lending you some NN and tripod equipment.

Regards,

Heinz

6. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

This is what can and does happen when traveling internationally, and nationally in bigger countries.

I once lost all the luggage except the"pricey" stuff that I had in carry-on. My trip lasted 2 weeks. After I had filed the luggage missing with the airline, they paid me the estimated value of the lost things a week later while the luggage was still lost. The payment was quite satisfactory. The day before I was to return to my home in Denmark, I was contacted by the airline company and told that the luggage had been found in Shanghai, and that it would be in Iceland the next morning.... so I lost nothing, but it was irritating to be without clothes to change or anything else for that matter.

I hope your things will find their way to you soon, and make sure that you list everything you had in the bag, in case you will have to be rewarded a compensation.
  7. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

@Bill: all invoices of the NN are found! I'm so happy i allso keep the camera and lenses personally with me.

@Hindenhaag: Thanks Heinz. Thats kind offer of you! My first moment i need the NN for business is the second half of June, start of July. If i need your help i'll contact you.

@Flashificator: so there is a option the return to me! The list of all items is ready, also of the bag of my wife (yes also missing :'( )
  8. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Users Country Flag

Sorry to hear about this, I hope you manage to get it all back. just for the future and i realise it does not apply in your case but i use one of these [glow=red,2,300]http://www.bluenio.com/[/glow] its a security tag that is linked to my blackberry and if i leave my bag the phone starts shouting at me, you can adjust the distance of the paired devices and i find it works for me over here in Barcelona. Works great with laptops as well and you can if you want have several tags paired to one phone, at the moment is does not work with iphones but works fine with most other makes but then in spain you cant have an iphone with vodafone which is by far the best network for coverage here so no contest.

Another thing we do here and in the UK is last name and postcode our equipment by engraving it just makes it a bit obvious if it does come up somewhere on an online auction site or if it ever gets handed into the police they can trace it back to you although it could affect its second hand value but lets face it most of us buy this stuff to keep it and i for one never part with old camera equipment, it just sits in my cabinet.

Anyway I wish you really good luck and hope you manage to recover your items, I will keep an eye on worldwide ebay as i always have searches alerting me every day on nodal ninja stuff

cheers

Neil
  9. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Users Country Flag

Pleasure. In case, you will fly fully equipped.

Cause the lagguage of your wife is missing as well, there is a great chance that it went to a wrong destination or was late because of douane checks for example. This happens several times especially when you have to change the plane or even the company on stop overs. Give it a longer change to be found back, 1 or 2 weeks. Just happened that the luggage of a whole national dance company was in delay for 4 days going to US from Spain and my friends arrived without their personal bags and they had to perform the next day.

It happened to me as well. Anyway, not a feeling you ask for. Be prepared when you fly the next times that you will have this ugly feeling inside: "Did all my bags come with me?". So for emergency, besides always keeping your camera equipment in your hands, add some clothing for the next day and a toothbrush.

Good luck,

Heinz
  10. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    It happened to me as well. Anyway, not a feeling you ask for. Be prepared when you fly the next times that you will have this ugly feeling inside: "Did all my bags come with me?". So for emergency, besides always keeping your camera equipment in your hands, add some clothing for the next day and a toothbrush.
    Yep you are right, got for first time that very bad feeling when I came back from Tucson last month. When I arrived in Geneva, no bag I have always my laptop, camera, and NN5 with me, but I still had some valuables stuffs in my bag. Happily it was just blocked at last transfer, and got it delivered at my door next day, in fact, apart from bad feeling during one year, it eased my way back from airport without big bag to handle

Vincèn

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  11. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Delta airlines uses the small Canadian Regional Jets, they force me to check my small briefcase because it will not fit inside the cabin. I have seen their baggage employ throw my briefcase to each other with my D700 and about 6 or 7 thousand dollars of lenses. Fortunately I landed on the hands of the other guy and not at the floor.

On this trip I had to paid $700.00 of overweight for the suitcases and the ticket was only $380.00. I had 5 cases but the airlines charge on a progressive manner according by weight / volume. Since I was a child I have always heard the airlines are going bankrupt. I don't see that happening and I see new airplanes all the time. Something is not right on all these airline business. I don't understand it but one thing for sure camera equipment is not compatible with traveling. We have a Leica M8 that is very small but I like the Nikon more.

The one thing I like of Nodal Ninja 5 is that I can fit it inside my briefcase. These two briefcase I carry have been engineered to use every available inch of space. They are about 40 pounds each and have wheels. I addition to the laptop I brought with me a Computer Tower, they custom built a case with wheels for the monster computer. Everything else is on these Pelican Cases with wheels. I have TSA locks which they can open if needed. I carry a bunch of scientific equipment with me that on the XRays it looks suspicious. Like small gas cylinders, on every trip TSA opens the bags and leave me a note that they where opened.

There has to be somekind of insurance that covers these gadgets.

Good Luck
    Elliot
  12. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Great news!!!!!! The bags are back!

So the Nodal Ninja 5 and tripod also and ready to use again!

Thanks for all support and kind words all of you!

Hienz one more time thanks for your kind offer!
  13. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Quote Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
    Great news!!!!!! The bags are back!
    So the Nodal Ninja 5 and tripod also and ready to use again!
    Thanks for all support and kind words all of you!
    Hienz one more time thanks for your kind offer!
    Cool, nice news to hear, happy end

French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  14. Re: Missing Nodal Ninja Configuration

Users Country Flag

That's really good news.

Was a pleasure to me seacat to stand for the emergency. We do not hope, but in case something similar happens to your equipment or brakes, fell free to contact me.

I am looking forward to see next panos.

Cheers

Heinz