Sigma 8mm f3.5 for Canon 5D MarkII NPP Settings!

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Sigma 8mm f3.5 for Canon 5D MarkII NPP Settings!

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Sigma 8mm f3.5 for Canon 5D MarkII NPP Settings!

Just think I need to share my findings because I did not find this info anywhere on internet.
    The best NPP settings using the Sigma 8mm fisheye f3.5 with Canon Full Frame 5d MKII with Ultimate R1 is: 1.25mm
    Hope this help more people!

Thanks
    Fellipe
    www.arte360.com.br
  2. Re: Sigma 8mm f3.5 for Canon 5D MarkII NPP Settings!

Just forgot this settigns os for 3 shots with +5º.
  3. Re: Sigma 8mm f3.5 for Canon 5D MarkII NPP Settings!

Users Country Flag

Fellipe,

thx for sharing, you are the one of the few sharing....

Heinz
  4. Re: Sigma 8mm f3.5 for Canon 5D MarkII NPP Settings!

Quote Originally Posted by fp2008 View Post
    Just think I need to share my findings because I did not find this info anywhere on internet.
    The best NPP settings using the Sigma 8mm fisheye f3.5 with Canon Full Frame 5d MKII with Ultimate R1 is: 1.25mm

Thanks
    Fellipe
    www.arte360.com.br
    I use a Canon T1i (1.6x sensor) + Sigma 8mm/4, would the settings be the same?

Currently, I am using 1.50 mm.

The database shows 1.65mm for Sigma 8mm/3.5 + Canon (4 shots around):

Sigma 8mm f/3.5 DG for Canon
    4 shots around
    Tilt angle NPP value
    +12.5° 1.00
    +7.5° 1.65
    +5° 1.95
    0° 2.65
    -2.5° 2.95
    -7.5° 3.60
    Users Country Flag

Thanks Fellipe

Have you tried any other options based on more shots or different tilt angles?

cheers

Neil

Slightly off topic

Hi Neil, How is Sitges these days. Many years ago we lived in Saudi Arabia [working]. We discovered Sitges as a delightful holiday location. We revisited Sitges again a year later for another holiday. We stayed in the hotel near the beach.. at that time it was a stair stepped type architecture with seaward views rooms and a small golf course.

Do you have any panoramas of Sitges ?

Dave still at 360texas.com
    Forum Moderator Pano2VR
    Users Country Flag

Hi Dave

Sitges still is beautiful, it still does something to me everytime i drive up the road into the town in the morning, just as you come across the crest of the hill and see the sea as the sun rises, It has a special light for painting and has been used by many of the famous names from the past, I am not sure when you were last here, it is undergoing major changes but the old quarter is still the same, they are even talking about now covering the railway lines over and joining the two parts of sitges together again.

It now boasts two superb 5 star conference hotels, and a beautiful golf course, we still have all the fiestas, the film festival, classic car rally and all the fireworks, it also now very very gay and thats great as most of my clients are gay and pay a lot!

I think you must have stayed at the Terramar hotle, its still there, there were some plans to turn it into a gay old peoples home but apparently that was just one step to far for the ajuntament (local authority) so its whiling its days away as a hotel in need of some TLC!

Anyway I am going to document all of sitges in panorama and the surrounding national park, I started doing this at the beginning of last year and then my mum who lived with us sadly took a turn for the worse and passed away in the latter half of the year, I have with her blessings retired my trusty Olympus and gone full frame with a new canon 5d mk2 and a sigma 8mm so i am getting to grips with it over the christmas break here trying to decide which is the best settings on the R1 ! There seem so many different opinions, I am writing this note down in Benidorm in the south of spain, a lot warmer than Sitges, we thought we would go down here for an english! About a million brits live down here!!!!

So to answer your question, I have posted a few on 360 cities and you can find me by looking for Neil Scott on this and there will also be some 3d photos on flickr of sitges as well, this time search for spiritburner. these is also a flickr group for Sitges if you are interested!

cheers

Neil

cheers

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by fp2008 View Post
    This is exacly the same value I found for the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 with my Canon 1D Mk III and the R10 at +5° ( 5 shots in portrait mode).

I just wonder why the quick reference manual states that NPP point is at 19.5cm for +5°. In another thread Nick says, that new clamps have different markings and a value of -2.5mm from that in the manual (17mm in this case). Confusing!

The best,
    Gerhard
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    This is exacly the same value I found for the Sigma 8mm f/3.5 with my Canon 1D Mk III and the R10 at +5° ( 5 shots in portrait mode).

I just wonder why the quick reference manual states that NPP point is at 19.5cm for +5°. In another thread Nick says, that new clamps have different markings and a value of -2.5mm from that in the manual (17mm in this case). Confusing!

The best,
    Gerhard
    it is very simple to find the NPP yourself.
    http://www.johnhpanos.com/epcalib.htm
    spend a few minutes on that and you learn how to calibrate all other lenses and pano heads.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Hi Nick,

thanks for the link. I did find the perfect NPP! I was confused because what I found is so much different from what you say in the manual.

The best,
    Gerhard
    Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Gerhard View Post
    Hi Nick,

thanks for the link. I did find the perfect NPP! I was confused because what I found is so much different from what you say in the manual.

The best,
    Gerhard
    R10 setting is very different from R1.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

any picture of the sigma 8mm with 5dmk2 setup with the settings?
+ Reply to Thread