NN Rotator to Inverted Monopod Adapter

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: NN Rotator to Inverted Monopod Adapter

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN Rotator to Inverted Monopod Adapter

Does NN have a R-D8/R-D16 rotator to an inverted monopod adapter? I could make one but it would involve taking the rotator apart to add two threaded mounting holes. I'd like to avoid doing that if there's a better solution.

It would attach the rotator to the inverted monopod like in this image.

2. Re: NN Rotator to Inverted Monopod Adapter

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by 360 View Post
    Does NN have a R-D8/R-D16 rotator to an inverted monopod adapter? I could make one but it would involve taking the rotator apart to add two threaded mounting holes. I'd like to avoid doing that if there's a better solution.
    We have M6 to 3/8" adapter
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/m6-38-rd.htm
    It is a good solution if you can remove the 3/8" stud from the monopoad, and the monopod has a 3/8" socket immediately available. Note that some monopod has 3/8" socket buried inside a larger hole. M6 to 3/8" adapter is not long enough for this purpose. I can make longer adapter upon request. Take a photo of your monopod with the 3/8" stud removed and let me see.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN Rotator to Inverted Monopod Adapter

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    We have M6 to 3/8" adapter
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/m6-38-rd.htm
    It is a good solution if you can remove the 3/8" stud from the monopoad, and the monopod has a 3/8" socket immediately available. Note that some monopod has 3/8" socket buried inside a larger hole. M6 to 3/8" adapter is not long enough for this purpose. I can make longer adapter upon request. Take a photo of your monopod with the 3/8" stud removed and let me see.

Nick
    Nick if you could make a small handful of these we can keep on hand that would be great. The use of rotators on poles and/or monopods is very handy.
    Bill
  4. Re: NN Rotator to Inverted Monopod Adapter

M6 female to 3/8" male thread adapter is exactly what I needed and I just placed the order for one. A version with a longer 3/8" would work better but I'll have a 3/8" female-female adapter plate to make this short one work.

My friend with the cnc shop has the monopod now making a part for it so I can't get you a picture. I think having the 3/8" section 2" long would work and if it's a little too long the user could dremel it to fit. When I get the monopod back and all the pieces together I'll add a few pictures here so you can see what I did.

Thanks for the quick response!

Phil
+ Reply to Thread