Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

Thread: Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

Share/Bookmark
  1. Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

ok this is a good one.... I just got my new camera the Canon Rebel T2i with the 18mm - 135mm lens

I have figured out autobracketing in manual mode and all good there. Don't laugh at this question but this is the first time I have had chance to work with different lenses and a camera like this.

So... I am planning on taking bracketed panos and need to be sure to lock the focus. How do I do this? especially to keep all the image in sharp focus?

For instance I have the camera lens at 18mm w F/8.0 and bracketing the shutter speed at 1/250 for normal exposure with a -2 and +2 EV

The thing I DO NOT want to happen is have the camera refocus on subjects at every 30 degree turn a rock here a tree there etc.. haha

Any tricks for this noob question? and thank you so much...
  2. Re: Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

Users Country Flag

Switch the camera to manual focus mode. Manually set the focus, then do not change it. Some people tape the focus ring just to make sure they do not move it during the sequence.
  3. Re: Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

All Canon Lenses has a button on the left side of the lens to switch of autofocus. Its as simple as that.

Hans
  4. Re: Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

oh man! I figured I missed something fairly easy. Thanks
  5. Re: Lock Focus + Autobracketing??

Hi,
    Turn "Auto Focus" OFF (usually a switch on the lens body).
    Best regards,
    Fernando