Quick Release Clamp and Plates

Thread: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Quick Release Clamp and Plates

I just purchased the Quick Release Clamp and discovered that it's JUST a little too large to fit the size plates from a Manfrotto 496RC2 (Manfrotto 200PL-14). I was almost positive looking at things that the plates would work. Alas...

I guess I should have asked before picking this up, but does anybody know which Manfrotto plates the NN Quick Release Clamp does fit?

I was really hoping to be able to mount my NN to my tripod head via quick release, and my camera to the NN via quick release, and move the camera to and from the NN and the tripod head as needed, saving some wear and tear on the mount and on the NN.
  2. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

If it's the QRC2 clamp, then it should have come with a bag of spare parts including replacements for the fixed "jaw" of the clamp and the tiny L-shaped stopper. You need to swap those parts to use QRC2 with Manfrotto RC2 plates.
  3. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

If this is the case, it would explain some of my confusion. I noticed that the little "L" shaped positive stop was a different size. However, the spare "jaw" appears to be exactly the same as the one that came attached to the QRC2. (See attached image.)

Did I get the wrong piece? If so, hope I can get a replacement pronto -- have a shooting trip starting next Monday. :-\ Will have to call tomorrow, I guess.

4. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by patella View Post
    If this is the case, it would explain some of my confusion. I noticed that the little "L" shaped positive stop was a different size. However, the spare "jaw" appears to be exactly the same as the one that came attached to the QRC2. (See attached image.)

Did I get the wrong piece? If so, hope I can get a replacement pronto -- have a shooting trip starting next Monday. :-\ Will have to call tomorrow, I guess.
    Sorry, you got the wrong replacement part. Ask reseller for a replacement.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

Hey Jeff,
    No worries - these things happen but we're quick to respond. We'll express ship you a new QRS-2 and enclose a prepaid shipping label so you can ship the one you received back to us. You'll have it tomorrow - please let us know if this newer QRS-2 works for you.
    thanks
    Bill
  6. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

You guys amaze me! Spectacular customer service. I'm very happy to be doing business with you.

Thanks, Bill -- I can't wait to put the NN system through its paces in Southern Utah.
  7. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

You guys amaze me! Spectacular customer service. I'm very happy to be doing business with you.
    Thanks, Bill -- I can't wait to put the NN system through its paces in Southern Utah.
    Well you don't have it yet - but you are under our wings of support - hmm good line
    I'm just hoping this solution will work. If not you may need to use the enclosed camera plate until you return. Mixing and matching QRS's is a challenge as the QRS-2 is "our" answer to a low cost quick release system for our pano heads. It just happens to fit some other plates as well. The Arca style quick release system I believe is the most widely used and popular. Myself I prefer using the Arca style QRS. If you decide to move over to this type of system let me know and we'll work out a fair exchange.

Anyway - seems Southern Utah is becoming popular place. Vibes35 is going to Moab and I just shared with him:
    "Rob (our shipping manager) was just up around Moab a few weeks back and came back with some stunning panoramas
    Here's one: http://panomonium.com/ParkAvenue.html"

Hope you might share of your panoramas after you return.

Cheers
    Bill
  8. Re: Quick Release Clamp and Plates

It's not so much about getting it as it is you guys going the extra mile to try to make it right for me.

It may be that it won't work at all (I hope that's not the case), but I'm not going to hold that against you. I think the "wings of support" are excellent and will keep me coming back. I also appreciate the return/exchange policy.

You haven't developed a product and just rested, you keep developing new stuff. (I'm especially excited to pick up that little Nadir Jig you have coming soon.)

End of gushing... starting to sound too much like a fan boy and not just a fan.

As for Southern Utah, I live in Salt Lake, so I get to visit somewhat regularly. In fact, I have a pano I took of Park Avenue too -- but using a pre-NN purchase wooden head I made myself. Unfortunately, I don't have that online just yet.

Instead, here are a few other single row panos I've shot over the years, using a variety of different cameras.
    South Kensington Tube Tunnel http://www.jtniekamp.com/?p=133
    Brooklyn Bridge http://www.jtniekamp.com/?p=232
    Rocket Site Road http://www.jtniekamp.com/?p=122
    Red Canyon http://www.jtniekamp.com/?p=114