NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 158

Thread: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

Share/Bookmark
  1. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #46
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Sep 2009
    Location: Los Angeles, CA
    Posts: 350

    and nadir twist attach on horizontal rail for NN5 that allows you to shoot nadir at correct height, just by twisting vertical rail 180º.
    I really, really want to see pictures of that adapter. Is it anyhing like this:
  2. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #47
  3. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #48
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Netherlands
    Posts: 1,741

    Hi Vincen,

    just awoke, and it is a bit like "christmas" : Are there pictures already??

    Yes...., thx for the great information. Looks interesting.

    Thx again for your info.

    Heinz

    BTW 4.21AM
  4. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #49
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,434

    Quote Originally Posted by waters View Post
    RRS with a rotator?
    An optimized Arca Swiss compatible panoramic system. With all the goods of RRS and many more features we panographers badly in need.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #50
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,434

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    Pictures added in Flickr Nodal Ninja account now: http://www.flickr.com/groups/nodalninja/
    Hey, you guys forgot to mount the lens ring on the multi-row ultimate. That is a very important feature many people are looking for.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  6. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #51
    Users Country Flag badders's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2009
    Location: East Kilbride, Scotland
    Posts: 349

    Quote Originally Posted by waters View Post
    RRS with a rotator?
    Nope - "All the Right Stuff" with a Rotator...



    Badders
  7. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #52

    Hi Nick & Bill...greetings from Jakarta, Indonesia..

    first of all...congratulation for the launch of your new product....the pole & modular panohead is really an inovative product!

    I need a bit of your opinion regarding my plan to purchase some of NN products in addition to my existing NN5.

    I was planning to get the RD16 rotator, but then the news about this new product pop in in the forum, so i wait for a while.

    My particular interest is about the nadir shooting, and this line from Vincen in the forum: "nadir twist attach on horizontal rail for NN5 that allows you to shoot nadir at correct height, just by twisting vertical rail 180º" really makes me curious on how it is actually implemented.
    I've seen the preliminary pictures of the new products from the Tucson Conference, but still couldn't get the idea on how to use it for the nadir shooting..

    My questions will be:
    1. how the correct nadir shooting is actually implemented using this new modular model? or it is just an additional accessories and not part of the new modular model?

    2. I am a very happy users of NN5, is it worth upgrading to the new modular model? How much will it cost?

    3. It is modular...is it also offer the same stability as NN5? i'm a bit concern because of its modularity might introduce a bit of instability...i hope i'm wrong ..

    4. Whats the price of the pole?

    5. If i am going to buy either the new modular model / nadir twist / pole / RD16....is it possible that the shipment originated from Nick home base (Hongkong, CMIIW), just like before when i purchase the EZ-Leveler II? just to reduce shipping cost as shipping from US to Indonesia is simply too expensive for me..

    Thanks in advance for your response.. I know maybe currently both of you are still busy due to the Tucson conference, so I understand if the reply is a bit delayed..

    Cheers,
    Riefa



    Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  8. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #53

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    1. how the correct nadir shooting is actually implemented using this new modular model? or it is just an additional accessories and not part of the new modular model?
    In fact, with that accessory, as you have probably seen on pictures, you can twist vertical arm of NN5 180º so it allows you to get your camera pointing the floor out of tripod, then just offset your tripod on floor so you camera is above nadir and then shot !

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    2. I am a very happy users of NN5, is it worth upgrading to the new modular model? How much will it cost?
    Price is not yet avalaible for now, please be patient

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    3. It is modular...is it also offer the same stability as NN5? i'm a bit concern because of its modularity might introduce a bit of instability...i hope i'm wrong ..
    No changes, it keeps really stable, as all pieces fit perfectly together so no move between them

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    4. Whats the price of the pole?
    Already answered not yet avalaible...

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    5. If i am going to buy either the new modular model / nadir twist / pole / RD16....is it possible that the shipment originated from Nick home base (Hongkong, CMIIW), just like before when i purchase the EZ-Leveler II? just to reduce shipping cost as shipping from US to Indonesia is simply too expensive for me..
    Bill will answer you for that point

    Vincèn



    French Nodal Ninja Distributor
    Blog: http://www.skivr.com
    Online shop: http://magasin.skivr.com
    Photo gallery: http://flickr.com/skivr
    Support website: http://support.skivr.com
  9. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #54
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,434

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post

    I need a bit of your opinion regarding my plan to purchase some of NN products in addition to my existing NN5.

    I was planning to get the RD16 rotator, but then the news about this new product pop in in the forum, so i wait for a while.
    RD16 is part of the Ultimate system. So no problem if you upgrade now.



    My particular interest is about the nadir shooting, and this line from Vincen in the forum: "nadir twist attach on horizontal rail for NN5 that allows you to shoot nadir at correct height, just by twisting vertical rail 180º" really makes me curious on how it is actually implemented.
    I've seen the preliminary pictures of the new products from the Tucson Conference, but still couldn't get the idea on how to use it for the nadir shooting..
    you will see more demos and pictures later on.

    My questions will be:
    1. how the correct nadir shooting is actually implemented using this new modular model? or it is just an additional accessories and not part of the new modular model?
    the adapter is for NN3/5. Not for the modular system which will has its own nadir adapter.


    2. I am a very happy users of NN5, is it worth upgrading to the new modular model? How much will it cost?
    no price yet.


    3. It is modular...is it also offer the same stability as NN5? i'm a bit concern because of its modularity might introduce a bit of instability...i hope i'm wrong ..
    There are many possible configuration. The extreme one is stronger and heavier than NN5.

    4. Whats the price of the pole?
    no price yet.


    5. If i am going to buy either the new modular model / nadir twist / pole / RD16....is it possible that the shipment originated from you (Hongkong, CMIIW), just like before when i purchase the EZ-Leveler II? just to reduce shipping cost as shipping from US is simply too expensive..
    YOu can find a reseller in Asia. I don't sell products normally.


    nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  10. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #55

    Hi Bill and Nick.

    Congrats for the new prototypes. I'm 100% sure them are for the panographers needs. Why I'm so sure? because I'm curently using something similar with some of your new toll presented.
    I'v done thousands of panos at livepanoramas.com and curently my gear looks like this

    bu it keeps changing form a day to another, however at this stage in this shape looks very promissing and seems to bee what I need, mine is modular too It can be very short and mounted on the tripod it can reach 5m tall.
    I very happy to know that is a panoramic tools manufacturer which make something like this available out from the box.

    cheers
    Dorin


    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    Well I just wanted to tell everyone some very exciting news.
    We received the prototypes from Nick (some last minutes touches were needed). Myself along with the 4 visiting resellers all agree these products will certainly pave the way to fulfilling the growing demands of the panoramic photographer.

    I can't show you images or tell you more just yet as we will do the official unveiling later today at the conference. We hope to have the first images up by tonight or tomorrow. Once we post the images the thread will be open to questions anyone might have.

    This thread will mark the start of the public announcement - so you might want to bookmark it and watch for updates.

    More soon.....

    Cheers
    Bill
  11. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #56

    Nick, Vincèn,

    Thanks a lot for the replies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincèn View Post
    In fact, with that accessory, as you have probably seen on pictures, you can twist vertical arm of NN5 180º so it allows you to get your camera pointing the floor out of tripod, then just offset your tripod on floor so you camera is above nadir and then shot !
    So to my understanding, this adapter will greatly improve the success rate of using viewpoint correction method at PTGui for patching the nadir? or maybe 'eliminate' the use of viewpoint correction if we could manage to position the camera EXACTLY above nadir?...this is great..
    looking forward for more picture & demos on this accessories..

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    YOu can find a reseller in Asia. I don't sell products normally.
    nick
    Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, are three nearest reseller i can find at the reseller page, and referring to their websites, they do not have RD-16 displayed on their web...and i'm assuming they don't have stocks, because they also don't display the price.. I can understand this because maybe not many people at in their coverage area is looking for that particular product.
    The next one nearby is Australia, they do have RD-16, but the price is quite high...not yet calculating the shipping cost to Indonesia..
    So i guess i have to find a workaround for this issue...maybe finding a friend who might be planning to travel to HK or US, and ask them a favor to buy the product..


    And for the pricing of this particular nadir adapter (and also other new products)...i'll wait...patiently..

    Cheers,
    Riefa



    Cheers,
    Riefa Istamar
    www.idVR360.com
  12. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #57
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,434

    Quote Originally Posted by DorinDXN View Post
    Hi Bill and Nick.

    Congrats for the new prototypes. I'm 100% sure them are for the panographers needs. Why I'm so sure? because I'm curently using something similar with some of your new toll presented.
    I'v done thousands of panos at livepanoramas.com and curently my gear looks like this

    bu it keeps changing form a day to another, however at this stage in this shape looks very promissing and seems to bee what I need, mine is modular too It can be very short and mounted on the tripod it can reach 5m tall.
    I very happy to know that is a panoramic tools manufacturer which make something like this available out from the box.
    Hi Dorin,

    Nice job in your design.
    Our long pole will be much stronger than stacking 2 monopods together. They are carbon fiber tubes. The biggest tube has a diameter of about ~40mm.
    You see the poles, R1/10 and lens ring mounts form an integrated system. My next (in fact one of many) job is a dedicated base rotator for pole/ monopod.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  13. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #58
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,434

    Quote Originally Posted by Riefa View Post
    Malaysia, Singapore, Philippines, are three nearest reseller i can find at the reseller page, and referring to their websites, they do not have RD-16 displayed on their web...and i'm assuming they don't have stocks, because they also don't display the price.. I can understand this because maybe not many people at in their coverage area is looking for that particular product.
    Just ask them to order one for you. Turn around time is less than 2 weeks.


    NIck




    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  14. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #59

    Hi Nick I'm sure that the NN pole is way stronger that my improvisation. As there are in protoype stage I think some from my experience is worth to post here as it may helps.

    I think is need for a pole base instead of a dedicated rotator, say if you make a pole base like a small but thick tripod in such way to provide as little flex as possible, then design a way to put/mount an rotator under (between the legs) the mechanic stress will be supported by the pole base and the already great rotators you have will provide only the stop position, i.e. the stress will be not on rotator but on the base.

    Also is important how short and tall the rigg can be and, sometimes, how many seconds takes from a short (or regular) extent to the tallest and, how small rigg is unmounted ready for carring.
    A quick extendable rigg from 1 m (kids) up to 3.5 m people seen form above, like in amphyteathre) is gold for the indoor events

    cheers,
    Dorin
  15. Re: NEW NODAL NINJA PRODUCTS

    #60

    I can relate to the design process; there are only so many ways to reinvent the wheel! The new design does allow more flexibility. Is the QR clamp on top of RD 16 ( or 8 etc. ) the anticipated solution to quickly swapping the R10 from monopod to tripod mounted RD8? It surprises me that RRS has not added a click stop rotator to their setup.
+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts