How to stitch a texture from a turntable "panorama"

Thread: How to stitch a texture from a turntable "panorama"

Share/Bookmark
  1. How to stitch a texture from a turntable "panorama"

This is maybe a little off the normal pano subjects. But I wondered if it is possible to stitch a continuous "skin" of an object shot on a turntable. Example: If i shot a series of images of a pineapple rotated on a turntable and then stitched the shots to one single image of the entire surface. Does anyone know how to do that ? What software etc...

Thx Harry
  2. Re: How to stitch a texture from a turntable "panorama"

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by harry View Post
    This is maybe a little off the normal pano subjects. But I wondered if it is possible to stitch a continuous "skin" of an object shot on a turntable. Example: If i shot a series of images of a pineapple rotated on a turntable and then stitched the shots to one single image of the entire surface. Does anyone know how to do that ? What software etc...

Thx Harry
    Is this what you want?
    http://gardengnomesoftware.com/object2vr.php

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: How to stitch a texture from a turntable "panorama"

Actually what I'm looking for is a method of creating a single image file - targa, jpg etc.. that would have the entire seamless "skin" of a cylindircal object . Imagine cutting a soda can at the seam and flattening it out. I'm hoping there'd be a method of creating such an image by taking a series of pictures of an object from all sides and then stitching it to one single image. I hope that makes sense....
  4. Re: How to stitch a texture from a turntable "panorama"

Method to get texture from perspective still, not quite what you after. Using 3D software might be over kill.

http://www.luxology.com/training/video.aspx?id=217