REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Share/Bookmark
  1. REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Hello, first of all introduce myself and say thanks.

Manolo I purchased a pack, namely the Nodal Ninja 5 w / RD16 Rotator (WITH CASE) and the truth is I am very happy with but I have noticed that you can not do vertical panoramas with Canon 400mm objective, we must place the camera in horizontal position and the overlap is very small with what gives me the error when you attach to autopanopro.

Is there any way to put rotator/16 locks so you can make the projects properly, as the nodal point for a panoramic view with a 400mm I think that we should not take this much in mind, we left the field in addition to the nodal subjeccion ninja.

The blockade of 15 degrees is great, but the degree scale painted on the upper rotor, should be more precise, I hope later resolution of that problem.

I await your responses, greetings and thanks.

Equipment: Canon EOS 5D, 5DmarkII, Phase one P-21, canon 15mm, 400mm, tripods,
    flash, headphone level, music and a good sandwich Iberian ham,

greetings from Spain, the skin of a bull.

PS: In Spain you have no authorized dealer, I had to buy in England.

Nodal ninja 5 , ez eleverII, canon eos 5D, 5DmarkII, Hasselblad, Pase one P21,
  2. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Users Country Flag

Hola,

welcome to the forum Manolo.

Though your lens is much bigger, just see my set up for Nikkor 70-200mm/f2.8 VR.

You have to move the upper rail to the front, and use the lenses tripod mount. For zoom 200 the URS setting 135. I am not sure about the NPP of your 400mm lens, but I am afraid you might have to go beyond the length of the upper rail.

Heinz
  3. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Manolo07 View Post
    Hello, first of all introduce myself and say thanks.

Manolo I purchased a pack, namely the Nodal Ninja 5 w / RD16 Rotator (WITH CASE) and the truth is I am very happy with but I have noticed that you can not do vertical panoramas with Canon 400mm objective, we must place the camera in horizontal position and the overlap is very small with what gives me the error when you attach to autopanopro.

Is there any way to put rotator/16 locks so you can make the projects properly, as the nodal point for a panoramic view with a 400mm I think that we should not take this much in mind, we left the field in addition to the nodal subjeccion ninja.

The blockade of 15 degrees is great, but the degree scale painted on the upper rotor, should be more precise, I hope later resolution of that problem.

I await your responses, greetings and thanks.

Equipment: Canon EOS 5D, 5DmarkII, Phase one P-21, canon 15mm, 400mm, tripods,
    flash, headphone level, music and a good sandwich Iberian ham,

greetings from Spain, the skin of a bull.

You need our future NN ultimate. I plan to support >600mm lens.

NIck

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Users Country Flag

Probably I can make a large optional scale for your purpose. What is the finiest interval you want to achieve?

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Currently does not support the rotor 16 degrees then advised in the table are in the web of nodalninja, I had to do with 400 pano eye or randomly and horizontally, vertically there is no option in the rotator 16, ja ha, jatal time ..... you should make a rotator to stop every 2 degrees, thank you very much for responding so quickly, I am currently working on a new project with your product but I need support from 1 to 3 degrees of stop, lens length and 25cm in length for a 400mm and 600mm in

When the project ends halfway, with an additional home, you will have the project for a new function and field of nodal ninja market support. : :

Great invented the elevator, yes sir.

regards

6. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Hello and welcome to the forum.
    There are many countries we do not have resellers in - over 100 actually. We are a small company but slowly expanding.
    Bill
  7. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

The amount of people shooting at this long focal length are few. The NN5 w/RD "can" accommodate albeit with sacrifice of 1 degree click stops at the 400mm focal length. I have shot 1000+ image mosaics using 400mm in portrait mode (full frame). This required 1 degree stops on the horizontal plane and 2.5 degrees vertical movement between rows. By loosening the detent plunger knobs you use the reference marks on rotator - just watch carefully as you rotate and shoot. Once you get going it's not that hard. Took me 1.5 hrs to shot a 1068 image (10.5GB mosaic).
    That said Nick at Fanotec is always working to produce products to meet end user needs as demand increases. I actually enjoy shooting mosaics at 400mm. The available equipment on the market today is limited and NN5 w/RD16 is probably the best choice today due to the 1 degree rotator marks and very fluid and smooth rotation of the RD16.
    Also the charts are for general reference only - actually work flows may see differences from those posted.
    Bill
  8. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bailey View Post
    The amount of people shooting at this long focal length are few. The NN5 w/RD "can" accommodate albeit with sacrifice of 1 degree click stops at the 400mm focal length. I have shot 1000+ image mosaics using 400mm in portrait mode (full frame). This required 1 degree stops on the horizontal plane and 2.5 degrees vertical movement between rows. By loosening the detent plunger knobs you use the reference marks on rotator - just watch carefully as you rotate and shoot. Once you get going it's not that hard. Took me 1.5 hrs to shot a 1068 image (10.5GB mosaic).
    That said Nick at Fanotec is always working to produce products to meet end user needs as demand increases. I actually enjoy shooting mosaics at 400mm. The available equipment on the market today is limited and NN5 w/RD16 is probably the best choice today due to the 1 degree rotator marks and very fluid and smooth rotation of the RD16.
    Also the charts are for general reference only - actually work flows may see differences from those posted.
    Bill
    with 400mm lens, does nodal point goes beyond the upper arm length in Canon? I tried with S5 and Nikon 300mm and the nodal point is already beyond upper arm. In your case where do u set the lens to avoid parallex?

Wilco
  9. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Thanks for the reply Bill,
    The truth and I have almost made an image of about 10 to 15 Gpxel ,...." Made entirely with nodal ninja machine, rotor 16 and the EZ-Leveler-II, very good products, well built and precise, what I did was to put the camera in horizontal and vertical rows increase by eye, looking at the last taken as reference, is now processing the photo, it takes more than 12 hours and I think it will take about 10 more, then we will see the result.

A major concern about the NN5, this is the weight it can support, I'm a little scared about the kilos that can support with objectives that are priced above $ 5,000, insurance support widely from 3.5 to 5 kilos weight?.

On the other hand I have noticed some errors regarding the placement of CP1, I noticed that empty hole is forward of the camera but the general manual NN5
    http://nodalninja.com/Manuals/NN5_USER_MANUAL.pdf
    CP1 this hole points towards the rear of the camera, as is this pisible, the distance is not equal in a way that other influences at the nodal point entirely?

10. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Hi Wilco,

In my case the parallax is not very significant, since the distance of almost 400mm is almost necessary, that?

I've done previous tests with a 200mm and the truth is 180 degrees has not given me problems paralleling those distances the parallax must be very small, in this issue Bill you can advise better than I started this business of ball joints panoramic recently,

regards

11. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

Users Country Flag

Hi Manolo,

I am not quite sure about your question, but I think you are asking about the position on the mounting plate? You can use it visa versa, reference point is always the same.

http://www.nodalninja.com/forum/inde...ic,1250.0.html.

Heinz

12. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

A major concern about the NN5, this is the weight it can support, I'm a little scared about the kilos that can support with objectives that are priced above $ 5,000, insurance support widely from 3.5 to 5 kilos weight?.
    The max weight limit for NN5 series is 10kgs (22lbs). However the recommended weight load for regular use is half that of the max load (5kgs). As with any equipment if you feel uncomfortable packing on the expensive lenses "don't do it". We are not liable should something bad happen.
    For our terms of use please see: http://store.nodalninja.com/terms.asp

On the other hand I have noticed some errors regarding the placement of CP1, I noticed that empty hole is forward of the camera but the general manual NN5
    http://nodalninja.com/Manuals/NN5_USER_MANUAL.pdf
    CP1 this hole points towards the rear of the camera, as is this pisible, the distance is not equal in a way that other influences at the nodal point entirely?
    The manual needs to updated - so excuse any errors you might note - at this stage it more as a general reference tool. We're working to update all our manuals but this may still be a bit out time wise. All NN's ship with the new CP-II - like the CP-I the line on the underside lines up with the camera base mount and used reference against the upper rail for the settings.

thx
    Bill

13. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

According still have not surpassed or even the 3.5 kilos, kilos if I'll try to put more padding around the subject tripod and low nodal ninja, heh, heh, you do not think NN5 is a good product, nothing else take it is noted the quality of construction and materials used, a good product which we all can improve, but that will come when the friend Bill NN6 run the big objectives to support ground-based telescopes of 1000mm to 2000mm, je, je

Greetings Bill, Tucson fair I have some distance to attend, besides, I have much work to do to pictures of industrial heritage and my company,
    maybe next year to try to attend the NN6 and made a few beers.

14. Re: REGARDING THE GRADE AND PURPOSE OF R/16 CANON 400MM

we can never be too careful with our gear. It hurts to drop expensive lens on concrete like I did last year. :'(
+ Reply to Thread