Greater than single row panos, what's the program?

Thread: Greater than single row panos, what's the program?

Share/Bookmark
  1. Greater than single row panos, what's the program?

I'm curious about shooting greater than single row panoramas. If you have a post on the subject please direct me to it, if not I must assume the taking of such a series would go something like this:

With the tripod leveled and the parallax adjustment made I'd set my lens focal length to agree with the setting used to establish the no parallax setting. I'd begin at zero degrees and using my live view feature on my camera would note the correlation of the grid pattern and an overlap of approximately 30 degrees. I'd choose a radial indexing increment on the lower rotator that gave me the displacement I needed to lap 30 degrees. After shooting the first row I note the grid locations in live view and rotate my camera on the upper horizontal rail to lap 30 degrees vertically and again index from 0 degrees and back.... or would I begin my scans from the center of the top vertical axis and work towards the bottom vertical axis, a row at a time?

Using Photoshop CS4 Extended how do I blend multi-row panoramas?

Last question for this post: After shooting a single row pano and photo-merging them sometimes they are nearly perfect in rectangular shape, and other times their outer borders take on the shape of a violin. I assume that is because the tripod was not perfectly level, is that correct?
  2. Re: Greater than single row panos, what's the program?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dikjenkins View Post
    Using Photoshop CS4 Extended how do I blend multi-row panoramas?

Last question for this post: After shooting a single row pano and photo-merging them sometimes they are nearly perfect in rectangular shape, and other times their outer borders take on the shape of a violin. I assume that is because the tripod was not perfectly level, is that correct?
    Not sure about PS CS4, but you will make your life much easier by using Ptgui, Ptassembler or Autopano Pro. All of them have free trial.

Yes, your tripod need leveling. But leveling can be easily corrected in mentioned programs.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Greater than single row panos, what's the program?

Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    Not sure about PS CS4, but you will make your life much easier by using Ptgui, Ptassembler or Autopano Pro. All of them have free trial.

Yes, your tripod need leveling. But leveling can be easily corrected in mentioned programs.

Nick

Or you can download Hugin from http://hugin.sourceforge.com and use for free. Keep in mind that versions 0.8 and newer do not have the automatic control points generator because the algorithms are patented and can only be used for personal use. If you install v0.7 for Windows, then upgrade to a newer version, the control points generators remain intact. Otherwise, you will have to search for them and install them separately.