Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Thread: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Share/Bookmark
  1. Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

I was visiting the 12 apostle site near port campbell along the great ocean road from melbourne, australia.
    I was taking pictures and realised that my entire fanotec kit bag with nodal ninja 5 with the quick release went missing.

Is there some where of tracking it on line if it comes back on the grid?
    I've informed the authorities in port campbell but am facing a great loss and would appreciate any pointers if the package resurfaces again.
    Would appreciate if I can get any help finding it and am ready to award some reward in return as well.

regards
  2. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Users Country Flag

wow,

that's something one does not ask for.

I was asking myself the last days when I used my equipment, would it help to have a serial number on the Nodal Ninjas. In case of leaving it behind accidentally or if it might be stolen. I have a list with all my serial number of camera bodies, tripods, lenses , etc.

Might be Nick has an answer to this, or he will tell us that it is too tricky or too much costs to place a serial number.

I keep my fingers crossed that you get your equipment back. It seams to be a fairytale that another photographer taking panos at the same time and now is pleased with your nice Nodal Ninja present.

Success,

Heinz
  3. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

at the moment I'm gutted! Shattered at my luck
    $640 down the tube.

Thats a sizeable loss.

serial numbers are neccesary but yet how would one chase it up?
    I'm keeping a close eye on ebay.
    hope it pops up on the grid.

4. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Users Country Flag

serial number won't stop theft or loss. Serial numbers are mainly for warranty. I will see how I can do that easily. Maybe a sticker will do the job.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

This is very unfortunate indeed. If you are in business check with you insurance company on coverage - if you are not a business still check with your insurance carrier for coverage of stolen personal equipment - some carries extend coverage like this. A thief is more than likely to sell through eBay or local listings as odds are slim they too are into panoramic photography. You should stay vigilant and notify your local reseller in the off chance they try for for refund.
    Best of luck
    Bill

Quote Originally Posted by marquee View Post
    I was visiting the 12 apostle site near port campbell along the great ocean road from melbourne, australia.
    I was taking pictures and realised that my entire fanotec kit bag with nodal ninja 5 with the quick release went missing.

Is there some where of tracking it on line if it comes back on the grid?
    I've informed the authorities in port campbell but am facing a great loss and would appreciate any pointers if the package resurfaces again.
    Would appreciate if I can get any help finding it and am ready to award some reward in return as well.

regards
  6. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Users Country Flag

May be we have to think about something like this as well, starter set is around 90€.

http://www.selectadna.co.uk/

Heinz
  7. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

perhaps an engraving pen of some sort would do the trick, "please return to name phone reward", but a sticker would prob do it as well & keep a bit more resale value, for better or worse

Sam Rohn :: 360° Panoramic Photography :: Location Scout :: New York City :: www.samrohn.com

PanoPress :: WordPress Plugin for 360° Panoramas in Flash & HTML5 :: www.panopress.org
  8. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Users Country Flag

Yes,

Engraving something like " this belongs to : o6 1234135" would help. I think there are people around to engrave these things with a laser for low cost.

Heinz
  9. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Also when an item is stolen like this odds are the thief lives locally. Filing a local police report is a must with product description and original invoice. Never know the thief might get caught someplace else and the cops will end up with the gear after they raid their stash.
    This will help raise a flag to local pawn shops too. A pro thief will usually allow a cooling off period - maybe after a month or so goes by they could try more public venues like eBay. With even personal ID marks it will be hard to stake claim.
    Touch bases with me - bill[at]nodalninja[dot]com if you are interested in buying another head - we might be able to help a bit. I trust you at the very least did file the police report and have a copy.
    Bill
  10. Re: Missing nodal ninja 5 with quick release

Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Yes,
    Engraving something like " this belongs to : o6 1234135" would help. I think there are people around to engrave these things with a laser for low cost.
    Heinz
    The only issue here is what part to engrave? One would think the most expensive portion of the pano head which would be the advanced rotator on higher end units or maybe the vertical rail or both. Anyone can buy a replacement rotator but we are very selective on who we sell individual rails too (hence not listed in the store). You must be a previous customer or be able to show proof of purchase for one of these parts. We too have lost many heads as with packages disappearing in the post. Also we have had "unauthorized" resellers buying full retail and reselling at inflated prices in other countries (most recently Ukraine). This is very unfortunate as there is no direct support or warranty offered to customers buying from "unauthorized" dealers.

Bill