Pentax Kx with Samyang 8mm & Nodal Ninja 3MKII

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pentax Kx with Samyang 8mm & Nodal Ninja 3MKII

Share/Bookmark
  1. Pentax Kx with Samyang 8mm & Nodal Ninja 3MKII

Here's a test panorama taken with the Pentax Kx using a Samyang 8mm f/3.5 fisheye lens. The panoramic head used is a Nodal Ninja 3 MKII:

http://www.360tacticalvr.com/blog/?p=97

Nodal Ninja 3 MII Settings:
    Lower Arm: 51
    Upper Arm (with CP2): 96.5

Badders
  2. Re: Pentax Kx with Samyang 8mm & Nodal Ninja 3MKII

thanks for sharing that - we hope others might also share their settings

Bill

Thanks for allowing people to download the original images. It has helped me learn a bit more about fisheye lenses and how they are combined.

Hello Andrew, Thanks for sharing this.

From my measurements the Samyang 8mm looks to be perhaps the most suitable fisheye for Spherical Panoramas as the spread of the NPPs for the diferent directions is much smaller than the other two fisheyes that I have measured, the Sigma 8mm and Nikon 10.5mm.

Best regards, Hugh.

I've also got a set of images from the Samyang 14mm you can also download here:

http://www.360tacticalvr.com/blog/?p=168

This time the camera was a Canon 7D but the images were taken from the same location.

Badders

What tour package did you use? That's the worst pano viewer I've ever seen. It jerks around like it's in it's death throws.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonDuck View Post
    What tour package did you use? That's the worst pano viewer I've ever seen. It jerks around like it's in it's death throws.
    Pano2VR. I think you will find there is nothing wrong with the viewer. The image itself is very large. Hence the delay in refresh...

Badders

Hi Andrew,

It looks fine, can you post on single picture out the 360(with out editing it in Photoshop)? So i/ we can see the quality of a single picture.

BTW, thanks for the info on you website about the new Arca Swiss Clamp on the Epic pro, maybe i'll change it also.

Best regards, Johan
    Users Country Flag

And Seacat, Epic Pro uses the arca swiss style plate of Nodal Ninja to fix the camera to their new clamp.

http://store.nodalninja.com/products...CRP%252d1.html

Both plates are not in stock with Konijnenberg/ NL, but besides Badders availible from Vincen www.SkiVR.com. Better service than in our country, quick delivery.

Even delivery during holidays!

Best regards.
    Heinz
    Last edited by hindenhaag; 08-05-2010 at 08:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seacat View Post
    Hi Andrew,

It looks fine, can you post on single picture out the 360(with out editing it in Photoshop)? So i/ we can see the quality of a single picture.
    The link page includes a link to download all the source images plus a PTGUI project file so you can do this yourself if you want.

The Arca Clamp for the Epic Pro is working very well indeed. It's much easier to take a camera on or off the unit.

Badders

Thanks for the info, I'll download the files!
+ Reply to Thread