R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Share/Bookmark
  1. R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Hi guys,

Not sure whether some of you are having the same problem.

I'm using a D300, 10.5mm, R10 on a RD16. I shoot at -7.5 degrees (6+1 shots)

I have no issues stitching the 6 images, but parallax happens when I add on the zenith.

Anybody has a solution or have face this problem?

Thanks!
    Sam
  2. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Users Country Flag

Hi Sam,

how do you shoot the zenith? Handheld?

One reason might be you left the NPP shooting 90¬?. May be you have to add the Cp's manually. But first of all i would try to shoot the zenith at +7,5¬? and then try to stitch.

Heinz
  3. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by samueltkc View Post
    Hi guys,

Not sure whether some of you are having the same problem.

I'm using a D300, 10.5mm, R10 on a RD16. I shoot at -7.5 degrees (6+1 shots)

I have no issues stitching the 6 images, but parallax happens when I add on the zenith.

Anybody has a solution or have face this problem?

Thanks!
    Sam
    for outdoor, parallax should not be a problem. For indoor, the viewpoint correction in ptgui can reduce the problem.
    There is no real solution to this problem because R1/10 is a single row pano head. Nadir and zenith shots are off-set from NPP.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  4. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Thanks guys for the feedback...

hindenhaag: For this test I use a tripod to get my settings right... and of course later on the monopod...

Nick, since it is not possible to get the zenith right, is there any near method to do it?

Many thanks!

Cheers!
  5. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Users Country Flag

Yes, try to shoot 7,5 degree for the zenith and may be you have to do it 2x, 180degree opposite sight. The only other method is to do it handheld, try to keep the camera at the hight of the tripodposition.

Heinz
  6. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Hmm... that would be more troublesome... I understand what you are saying... if I have to shoot 2x, I would rather use the NN3/NN5

Thinking on how to shift my monopod to capture the zenith
  7. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Users Country Flag

you may try a kirk quick release plate QRC-2.0 with a wimberley lensplate P40 or P50. Mount the R10 on one end of the lensplate, QRC on the monopod. Place the R1 to the outside, take your normal shots, go to 90 degree and move the combination back to the monopod till you are back to NPP - the old rotation center of the R1. This will need about 9.5 cm. Just measure with your camera lens combination. The idea is to move the camera back to the old rotation point shooting the normal pano by bringing back the combination with the lens plate. Look out for enough free space that the camera does not touch the QRC too early.

I am just trying this with my R1 the next weekend. My hardware arrived today.

Heinz
  8. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

Hi Heinz,

Thanks for the suggestion... do feedback the outcome of your testing!

Cheers!
  9. Re: R10 Parallax at 90 Degrees @ -7.5 deg

ahh... the fastest solution & 'why didn't I think of that' is just make the center point and shift your lens to that point! Tadaaa!
+ Reply to Thread