please advise about this set-up for field photography

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please advise about this set-up for field photography

Share/Bookmark
  1. please advise about this set-up for field photography

I am planning to use a Nikon D200 with a Samyang 8mm lens (Angle of view: 180 degrees (APS-C), Diameter x Lenght : 75x74.8mm ) on a Nodal Ninja 3 mount to create prints and quicktime VR shows of people working the in tobacco fields in Cuba. I would like the quicktime VR to be able to pan 360 degrees and tilt all the way up to the zenith and all the way down to the ground. In other words I would like a completely spherical view.
    Do I need to photoshop out the tripod legs in the downward view before stitching? or can I just take that frame hand held after removing the tripod?
    I am planning to take 4 horizontal frames and 2 vertical (sky and ground) would that be sufficient considering I am using the 8mm lens ? Do you think my set-up is adequate? I am using a Gitzo tripod but I don't have any auto leveler device. Should I get one?
    Thank you for any advice you can give me.
  2. Re: please advise about this set-up for field photography

Users Country Flag

Hi,

Lower rail setting for D200 is NN3 50 and NN3w/CP is 60.

For upper rails settings go to : http://michel.thoby.free.fr/SAMYANG/...%20report.html.

And yes, normally you photoshop for the nadir ( -90? ) But you can experiment with a handheld shot. Try to keep the height of the camera of the other shots and place a coin below the tripod before removing it to find the similar position for the handheld shot.

Heinz
  3. Re: please advise about this set-up for field photography

Thank you very much friends for your kind advice !!
+ Reply to Thread