NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

  1. NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

    #1

    Ha!
    Just finished calibrating this combo:


    Lower rail: 54mm
    F22 @ infinity
    Upper rail: 43mm

    Have fun!

    Also do post if you have more precise measurements!
  2. Re: NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Netherlands
    Posts: 1,734

    Hallo,

    thx for sending your settings.

    Sorry to say, but i decided to take 55 for the lower rail setting for the D90. I don't have a 50mm/f1.8, so i can not command on this data.

    This is the same lower rail setting for the D5000.

    Cheers,

    Heinz
  3. Re: NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

    #3

    Quote Originally Posted by hindenhaag View Post
    Hallo,

    thx for sending your settings.

    Sorry to say, but i decided to take 55 for the lower rail setting for the D90. I don't have a 50mm/f1.8, so i can not command on this data.

    This is the same lower rail setting for the D5000.

    Cheers,

    Heinz
    Actually lower rail depends on more factors than just camera body but fortunately it's the easiest to adjust, just point the camera straight down and adjust until it's centered.


  4. Re: NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

    #4

    Quote Originally Posted by kosmarnik View Post
    Actually lower rail depends on more factors than just camera body but fortunately it's the easiest to adjust, just point the camera straight down and adjust until it's centered.
    If you mean align the centre focus point in the viewfinder/image frame with the centre screw /knob of the pano head (if it has one), then that is no guarantee that you will set the optimum position of the entrance pupil. See http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/7415/.

    John
  5. Re: NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

    #5

    Quote Originally Posted by John Houghton View Post
    If you mean align the centre focus point in the viewfinder/image frame with the centre screw /knob of the pano head (if it has one), then that is no guarantee that you will set the optimum position of the entrance pupil. See http://www.panoguide.com/forums/qna/7415/.

    John
    Oh, well you got me thinking....I'll have to do some testing, though I never use the viewfinder, always the live view. I found the viewfinder to be WAY OFF.
    But for me, the biggest problem is that I got NN5 before they came out with the new anti slip mounting plate CP2.

    Also the upper arm mounting plate has WAY too much play in it. It annoys the hell out of me and there is no way to fix it.
  6. Re: NN5+D90 NPP settings for Nikkor 50mm 1.8d

    #6

    Seems you were right about centering on the knob. Damn, I'll have to calibrate some more
+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts