looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

Share/Bookmark
  1. looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

Hi,

I'm a newbie to this so bear with me please. I want to use my new NN5 to shoot mostly multi row and column hi res panoramas. I'm wondering if someone could offer some suggestions as to what the most common used focal length used is. I have a nikon 18-200 vr zoom but would prefer to buy a prime lens for this use due to zoom creep. I want to go with a standard or short tele for background detail and have been leaning towards the Tokins ATX 100mm pro macro and would like some feedback on this from a seasoned pano shooter. I shoot a Nikon D300 and also have a 50mm f1.8 prime as well as the 12-24mm f4, also have the 80-400 vr zoom but think that's to large. Any ideas would be welcome as I leave for Iguazu Falls in 1 month.

Regards,

Brad Cole
  2. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

Users Country Flag

if you just want to make high resolution mosaics, NN5L will be a cheaper choice.
    You need to work out how high a resolution you need and is practical for you to manage.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

I already bought the NN5 a week ago or so along with the EZ leveler II. I want as high a res as I can manage and wondered how good a result I could get with a 100mm, any idea?

Brad
  4. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

I did a Zoomify image with a 100mm but it left me wanting more high-res. Next attempt will be with a 200mm or longer.
  5. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

6. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

Thank you both for your replies A specific question for ricepixels, how far into the image could you zoom at 100mm before it gets fuzzy?
  7. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

Hi, I'm no expert on high-res. Zoomify seems to limit the zoom to 100% of the original image so it doesn't get blury. Just need to provide it with a big image.
  8. Re: looking to shoot super hi res with the NN5

If you are interested, I created a small excell called Panorama calculator.
    You will find it on my blog : Aslan Resimler
    I made it to know how many pictures I should shoot for a high resolution panorama.
    My best panorama is an almost 2 gigapixels picture and I am currently working on a panorama of 845 photos.

I hope I have helped you a bit.

My blog : Aslan Resimler
+ Reply to Thread