90deg corrected - This is it!!

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Share/Bookmark
  1. 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Hi Nick and everyone else

I have completed the adaptor and it is now working correctly, so the Nikon D3X (or other large cameras, including the ones with a battery pack) no longer touching anything when dropping to 90deg for the Zenith.

Hope it is useful

Erik hoffman
  2. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by erikhoffman View Post
    Hi Nick and everyone else

I have completed the adaptor and it is now working correctly, so the Nikon D3X (or other large cameras, including the ones with a battery pack) no longer touching anything when dropping to 90deg for the Zenith.

Hope it is useful

Erik hoffman
    Thanks for sharing.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Users Country Flag

Hi Erik,

what is the purpose for "90deg corrected"? not obvious to me in the photos.

Nick

Fanotec
  4. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Hi Nick

Sorry but it looks like some did not see the problem we had with R1 and Nikon D3X (Also with other large cameras including ones with extra battery pack attached) with 16mm AF lens,
    so here is the photo to show (same configurations) in 90deg drop to shoot the Zenith the camera is bumping the rotator R-DL3(I have tried all rotators)

There is no way about it other then to make a new adaptor that is 30mm high and avoiding the problem

Regards to all

Erik Hoffman
  5. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Users Country Flag

am I missing something... But would it not have enough overlap for stitching with it as it is?
  6. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

You are missing something - it is damaging the camera!!

Erik
  7. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Users Country Flag

Hi Erik,

congratulations, not only a good photographer but also a very good constructor. And you got it in a very short time. Would like to know someone to do things like this for me as well in such a short time....

Heinz
  8. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Users Country Flag

Hi Nick

Sorry but it looks like some did not see the problem we had with R1 and Nikon D3X (Also with other large cameras including ones with extra battery pack attached) with 16mm AF lens,
    so here is the photo to show (same configurations) in 90deg drop to shoot the Zenith the camera is bumping the rotator R-DL3(I have tried all rotators)

There is no way about it other then to make a new adaptor that is 30mm high and avoiding the problem

Regards to all

Erik Hoffman
    I misunderstood your meaning. I thougt you rotated (90 deg corrected) the anti-twistng screws as shown in the third picture.

Nick

Fanotec
  9. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Hi Nick

Silly me, yes you are right as from the photo it looks like moving the screws resolved the problem

I have decided as this is a a very long adaptor I will make it stronger so I have widened it up a bit at the bottom and made the holes smallers

With the D3X on this adaptor I just wanted to make sure that it will take it in the most secured way

Erik
  10. Re: 90deg corrected - This is it!!

Users Country Flag

I have decided as this is a a very long adaptor I will make it stronger so I have widened it up a bit at the bottom and made the holes smallers

With the D3X on this adaptor I just wanted to make sure that it will take it in the most secured way

Erik
    The weakest link in the system is the bayonet lens mount. In some lenses, it is supported by a few tiny screws on plastic barrel.

Nick

Fanotec
+ Reply to Thread