wanna upgrade please recommend.
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: wanna upgrade please recommend.

Share/Bookmark
  1. wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #1

    HI NIck,
    now i have nn3 olympus e1 and 8 mm fish eye lens. I would like to upgrade panorama head soon.
    So between R1 and NN5, which one you recommend.
    Could you please explain some detail for me.
    Thanks,
    Jojo.
  2. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by jjsupasit View Post
    HI NIck,
    now i have nn3 olympus e1 and 8 mm fish eye lens. I would like to upgrade panorama head soon.
    So between R1 and NN5, which one you recommend.
    Could you please explain some detail for me.
    Thanks,
    Jojo.
    if you mainly make outdoor panos, go for R1. If not, go for NN5.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #3

    Nick,

    How does R1 work for interiors with Sigma 8mm and Canon D450?
    I would like to make real estate panoramas and as far as I know R1 is easier to work with than NN3. The idea that I have is taking a series of 4 pictures (with tilted camera) to cover zenith and put logo or picture on nadir.

    Thanks,

    Diego
  4. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #4
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by Diegoto View Post
    Nick,

    How does R1 work for interiors with Sigma 8mm and Canon D450?
    I would like to make real estate panoramas and as far as I know R1 is easier to work with than NN3. The idea that I have is taking a series of 4 pictures (with tilted camera) to cover zenith and put logo or picture on nadir.

    Thanks,

    Diego
    R1 works beautifully for your setup.

    nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #5

    Great! I was hoping to hear that

    Thanks so much for your quick answer

    Cheers,

    Diego
  6. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #6

    HI Nick,
    Can you explain more information about R1?
    Why is great for outdoor?
    Easy to use? Faster? or smthing eles?
    And with my olympus e1 and 8 mm fisheye lens, i don't think 4 pictures will cover 360 degree. And how to shoot nadir and zenith.
    Thanks again,
    jojo
  7. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #7
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by jjsupasit View Post
    HI Nick,
    Can you explain more information about R1?
    Why is great for outdoor?
    Easy to use? Faster? or smthing eles?
    And with my olympus e1 and 8 mm fisheye lens, i don't think 4 pictures will cover 360 degree. And how to shoot nadir and zenith.
    Thanks again,
    jojo
    Why is great for outdoor? compact, light weight, rapid setup.
    with E1 and 8mm fisheye, you need to take 6 shots around, + nadir and zenith shot. Since the zenith is just the sky, NPP is not important for it. You can take zenith and nadir shots (off-set from NPP) on the bracket.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  8. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #8

    Sorry if the question is too basic. I am just starting to learn before my equipment arrives.

    With 8mm + 450D. Can I avoid taking the zenith by tilting the camera? Does this apply to exteriors and interiors as well?
    If I take a picture off-set from NPP on bracket (specially interiors and exteriors with nearby objects). Is there a special technique to stitch it consistently with the rest of the set?

    Thanks,

    Diego
  9. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #9
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by Diegoto View Post
    Sorry if the question is too basic. I am just starting to learn before my equipment arrives.

    With 8mm + 450D. Can I avoid taking the zenith by tilting the camera? Does this apply to exteriors and interiors as well?
    If I take a picture off-set from NPP on bracket (specially interiors and exteriors with nearby objects). Is there a special technique to stitch it consistently with the rest of the set?

    Thanks,

    Diego
    For sigma 8mm on 450D, you only need 5 deg or 7.5 deg tilt to close the zenith. So no zenith shot is needed.
    You can take the nadir shots on the bracket. Viewpoint correction may be needed.
    Here are some good tutorials to start with.
    http://johnhpanos.com/tuts.htm
    Especially the viewpoint correction in ptgui.
    http://johnhpanos.com/ptgvpt.htm


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  10. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #10

    Hi Nick,
    HOw about my set up? Olympus e 3 and e 1 with 8 mm fisheye lens.
    If i use R1 ,how many shot do i have to take for 360 degree and do i have to take a zenith and nadir separately?

    I'm looking to do with pole panorama.
    Thanks again
    jojo
  11. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #11
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by jjsupasit View Post
    Hi Nick,
    HOw about my set up? Olympus e 3 and e 1 with 8 mm fisheye lens.
    If i use R1 ,how many shot do i have to take for 360 degree and do i have to take a zenith and nadir separately?

    I'm looking to do with pole panorama.
    Thanks again
    jojo
    8mm on 4/3 is a full frame fisheye. 6 around + nadir and zenith is needed. For pole pano you may need to take zenith shot on the ground. You can take 6 arounds at -15 deg to reduce nadir hole. Some experience and experimentation are needed. But it is doable with R1.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  12. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #12

    Quote Originally Posted by nick fan View Post
    8mm on 4/3 is a full frame fisheye. 6 around + nadir and zenith is needed. For pole pano you may need to take zenith shot on the ground. You can take 6 arounds at -15 deg to reduce nadir hole. Some experience and experimentation are needed. But it is doable with R1.


    Nick

    Thanks Nick,
    I really love both R1 and NN5
  13. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #13

    OK Nick,
    NN5 and R1
    Which one you highly recommend?
    If you have to pick one, which one is in you mind?
    I would love to have both ,but now budget is not enough for two of them.
    JOjo
  14. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #14
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,461

    Quote Originally Posted by jjsupasit View Post
    OK Nick,
    NN5 and R1
    Which one you highly recommend?
    If you have to pick one, which one is in you mind?
    I would love to have both ,but now budget is not enough for two of them.
    JOjo
    Did you get me PM so time ago?
    Since you get NN3, I will suggest R1 to complement it.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  15. Re: wanna upgrade please recommend.

    #15

    yes i got message.
    i may be wait a bit

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •