Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

Thread: Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

Share/Bookmark
  1. Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

I must say I am really disappointed with the Nodal Ninja arca plate. The only markings are on the top of the plate and this immediately gets covered when you put your camera on it. There are no markings on the bottom of the plate to use with the upper arm markings on the NN5. If your thinking about the Arca Plate, I would say don't and just go with what comes with the system.

If there would be marking on the bottom like the CP-2, it might be better but the way it comes is horrible!!! :'(

Tom Q
  2. Re: Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flyingphoto View Post
    I must say I am really disappointed with the Nodal Ninja arca plate. The only markings are on the top of the plate and this immediately gets covered when you put your camera on it. There are no markings on the bottom of the plate to use with the upper arm markings on the NN5. If your thinking about the Arca Plate, I would say don't and just go with what comes with the system.

If there would be marking on the bottom like the CP-2, it might be better but the way it comes is horrible!!! :'(

Tom Q
    Tom, you can use the edge of the clamp as reference. The markings at the bottom were ommited by mistake. The latest one have the markings added. If you find this absolutely neccessary, you can contact your reseller for a swap.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

Well, I tried to make markings at the bottom, because I ordered them from the website here and I thought that was the way it was made.. I thought the website ie. Chandler AZ, would have the current stock and I really feel slighted if there were products that were manufactured and sold to me that were not checked for quality before being shipped. So I was sold a mistake. > Needless to say its useless now.

Tom
  4. Re: Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by flyingphoto View Post
    Well, I tried to make markings at the bottom, because I ordered them from the website here and I thought that was the way it was made.. I thought the website ie. Chandler AZ, would have the current stock and I really feel slighted if there were products that were manufactured and sold to me that were not checked for quality before being shipped. So I was sold a mistake. > Needless to say its useless now.

Tom
    Making marking is not difficult. You can also use any feature (eg edge) on the clamp as reference. People using other clamps won't have any line at the base. I can't see how it becomes useless.

Nick

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 works fine

Tom,
    Not sure how you are using a RRS L "bracket" - I suppose you mean RRS L "plate". This is actually what I use on my D3X without any problems as I just reference using the lines on the RRS L plate.
    If you still need these reference marks (your the first to make note of it) and Nicks suggested workaround is not doable for you just send the item back (Order#75564) for a full refund. We'll also refund your shipping and cost to send back so you are not out of pocket any money.
    Keep in mind all products are the result of refined development through the years and Nick is always improving on our products so feedback, especially for newer items like this, is very important.
    thx
    Bill
  6. Re: Arca Plate and RRS L bracket on a D3 is useless!!!

I will apologize for the general manner of my previous posts. I was in a bad mood but not the fault of anything from NN or RRS. I was just trying to make a suggestion to put lines on the bottom of the quick release ARCA style system. Then I found out it has been done and I received one of the older items. I will keep the plate and attempt to reference the lines in someway. Bottom line, the RRS plate covers the top lines that are there and my RRS plate is not marked.

Long Story Short...I am sorry for my tone in the prior posts and thanks Bill and Nick for every thing you do. You do listen to us and make changes that are good.

Tom Q