NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

Share/Bookmark
  1. NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #1

    Hi Guys

    I have decided to go with the NN5 Stand Alone at this time based upon my budget. I had the following questions:

    1. What quick plate do I need if I use an Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?
    2. I use the Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 legs that has a spirit level on the base of where the thread mount is for the ballhead. What major advantages does the EZ Leveler II provide?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ross
  2. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #2
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,458

    Quote Originally Posted by BorgidaPhotography View Post
    Hi Guys

    I have decided to go with the NN5 Stand Alone at this time based upon my budget. I had the following questions:

    1. What quick plate do I need if I use an Acratech Ultimate Ballhead?
    2. I use the Manfrotto 055CXPRO3 legs that has a spirit level on the base of where the thread mount is for the ballhead. What major advantages does the EZ Leveler II provide?

    Thanks in advance,
    Ross
    Any Arca Swiss conmpatible plate will work. Best to buy one with 3/8" screw.
    We also have a plate for sale
    http://store.nodalninja.com/product_p/asqrp-1.htm

    A spirit level just indicate whether it is level or not. A leveler helps you to achieve level quickly.


    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  3. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #3

    Hi Nick

    So, if I have an Acratech plate, will that attach to the NN5L? Below is the Acratech plate page:

    http://acratech.net/home.php?cat=10

    If this is the case, I am assume I will not need the Arca Swiss plate....is that correct?

    Thanks
    Ross
  4. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #4
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,458

    Quote Originally Posted by BorgidaPhotography View Post
    Hi Nick

    So, if I have an Acratech plate, will that attach to the NN5L? Below is the Acratech plate page:

    http://acratech.net/home.php?cat=10

    If this is the case, I am assume I will not need the Arca Swiss plate....is that correct?

    Thanks
    Ross
    yes, they should work. Use either one of the sockets at the rotator base for mounting. You need to change the 3/8"- 1/4" adapter to the appropriate socket. Let me know if you have problem installing.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #5

    Nick or Bill

    Can I use my RRS L Bracket with the NN5L? I have the following RRS L Bracket that I usually leave on my 5D Mark II w/ BGE-6 Battery Grip at all times. This would make it much easier than having to take the RRS L Bracket off each time I want to use the NN5L.

    Here is the link for my RRS L Bracket:

    http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/Item...GE6L%2D001&Tp=

    Thanks
    Ross
  6. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #6
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,458

    Quote Originally Posted by BorgidaPhotography View Post
    Nick or Bill

    Can I use my RRS L Bracket with the NN5L? I have the following RRS L Bracket that I usually leave on my 5D Mark II w/ BGE-6 Battery Grip at all times. This would make it much easier than having to take the RRS L Bracket off each time I want to use the NN5L.

    Here is the link for my RRS L Bracket:

    http://reallyrightstuff.com/rrs/Item...GE6L%2D001&Tp=

    Thanks
    Ross
    Yes, you can mount a QR clamp on the camera mounting plate.
    what Mounting Styles do you clamp have?
    http://reallyrightstuff.com/QR/03.html


    NIck



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  7. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #7

    Hi Nick

    I have the Acratech QR Clamp. Here is the link below:

    http://acratech.net/product.php?prod...3&cat=3&page=1

    Can I use the NN5L Standalone with the RRS L Bracket and Acratech WR Clamp?

    Last thing, if I have the following spirit level on the hot shoe of my camera, does this make the EZ Leveler II totally unnecessary? I have the following double-axis spirit level.

    http://acratech.net/product.php?prod...2&cat=4&page=1

    Thanks
    Ross
  8. Re: NN5L Stand Alone, EZ Leveler, & Compatible Quick Plate

    #8
    Users Country Flag
    Join Date: Apr 2008
    Location: Hong Kong
    Posts: 2,458

    you should be able to use the clamp. screw it at the bottom if the clamp has a countersink, otherwise screw it on top.
    Instead of the new camera mounting plate (CP2), ask your seller to give you the old one (CP1) which has flat surface.

    If you use the ballhead, you don't need the EZ-L.

    when you adjust the leveling, use the bubble on NN5L instead of other levels such as one on hotshoe.

    Nick



    Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •