Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Welcome to Nodal Ninja Forum

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Share/Bookmark

Hybrid View

1. Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Please tell me - should I put something into these two holes on the top of R-D16? Or do I only connect the R-D16 with the lower rotator of NN5 by one screw?? I can't find the information anywhere. I think it can twist without something connecting both parts more than one screw. In the original NN5 rotator there were 2 little screws that locked the rotator in only one position. Waiting for your help.
  2. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Users Country Flag

Normally it comes fixed together.

To fix the lower rail to the RD16 Rotator, you need a set of 3 screws, 2 smaller ones, which go from below to the lower rail, and a big one which is used to fix the lower rail to the rotator. The 2 small ones are used for antirotation, the big one for fixation.

Turn the lower rail around and look to it from below. Place the 2 small screws in the small holes that way, that the heads are standing out. These heads go into the gaps of the rotator head right and left of the big hole, which is used for fixation.

Now place the lower rail on top of the rotator. Take the big screw, place it from top (engraved side) of the lower rail through to the rotator head and fix it. Check if everything is fixed nicely. Once i saw that there was a wrong big screw deliverd, it was too long and you could not fix the lower rail to the head of the rotator. Then you hav to cut it a little bit, round the cutting edge of the screw befor disturbing the threads in the head, or ask for a new screw.

Hope this helps

Happy new year and success

Heinz
  3. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Users Country Flag

Try to send photos
  4. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Users Country Flag

Thanks Heinz for helping.

See also
    http://nodalninja.com/forum/index.php?topic=90.0

Fanotec
    We listen. We try harder.
  5. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Thank you very much! Seller sent me NN5 with standard rotator and R-D16 separately with dozens of spare parts, so it wasn't obvious. Now everything is clear.
  6. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Users Country Flag

Good start for the New Year,

what sort of camera lens combination do you use if i make ask or it?

Heinz

7. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

I have D200+grip and D700. I'll often use D200 with grip + Nikkor 10.5 fisheye. Now I don't have much time to try it. Before I was using cheap hand-made tool to make 360* panoramas so now it should be easier.
  8. Re: Assembling NN5 with R-D16

Quote Originally Posted by pan_narciarz View Post
    Thank you very much! Seller sent me NN5 with standard rotator and R-D16 separately with dozens of spare parts, so it wasn't obvious. Now everything is clear.
    Hi pan_narciarz,
    Courious - were you required to buy the NN5 with standard rotator "and" RD16 at time of purchase?
    Resellers have the ability to mount these rotators for their customers before shipping and if this is the case you have have ended up with 2 rotators when you should only have the one you wanted - the RD16.
    Unless you were upgrading an older NN5 to newer rotator please send me email directly (bill[at]nodalninja[dot] com ) to further discuss this.
    thx
    Bill
+ Reply to Thread